Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Fall of The City

Go down 
+11
Turken
Rizzen Vrinn
Leif
Edaw
Kyria
Aldion
Lopex
Guyver
James
Erron
Hunt the Dead
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Erron
Survivor
Erron

The Fall of The City - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 2:40 pm

Erron kicked and shoved the minotaur who landed flat on top of Edaw.

"Enjoy," he said and ran toward the gates.

As he ran he saw the darkling woman cast a wall of ice to help reinforce the gate and walls.

"HOW LONG WILL THAT HOLD!?" he asked running up to her.
Back to top Go down
http://www.huntthedead.com
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 2:47 pm

Kyria had just pulled her rapiers when Erron ran up to her asking how long the the wall would hold. She looked over her shoulder at it then back to Erron.

"I don't know, not long I'm sure. Is there a fortress or stronghold here in the city? One where the people can be taken?"
Back to top Go down
Erron
Survivor
Erron

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 2:51 pm

Kyria wrote:
Kyria had just pulled her rapiers when Erron ran up to her asking how long the the wall would. She looked over her shoulder at it then back to Erron.

"I don't know, not long I'm sure. Is there a fortress or stronghold here in the city? One where the people can be taken?"

Erron was taken about for a monet. For a split second she sounded like -- no, it was just the stress of battle.

"I-I think so. A lot of--LOOK OUT!" Erron yelled grabbing her and ducking as a slew of flaming arrows flew over the walls.

"Yeah, a lot of people are headed toward the park. My companion, Turk'en, has a friend with an airship. I'm going to see if he can get him to haul people out of the city while we still can!" Erron yelled over the noise of the battle.

He then turned to run back to where Carrol's shop once stood.
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 3:04 pm

Kyria watched as Erron ran off. She couldn't shake the feeling that she knew him, but she didn't take the time to contemplate it.

"The park is hardly a fortress." She mumbled as she stepped off into the shadows and disappeared only to reappear at the park.

As she came up behind Leif and took a step in front of him and put out her rapier just under Rizzen's chin "Don't give me anymore reason to kill you!" She hissed in common as she stared at him with hatred.
Back to top Go down
Turken
Hunted
Turken

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 3:11 pm

Turk'en didn't jump in the fight between the minotuar and Erron. He knew the Hunter could handle himself. He looked around to check the situation. D'ynra was using her arcane powers to help hold back the tuarian army.

Turk'en saw Erron run towards the wall and talk to the woman. Turk'en had an idea.

"ERRON GO LIMP! LETS BUY THE GUARDS TIME TO GET EVERYONE TO SAFETY!"

Turk'en took off running towards Erron Who was now running back towards him. He dropped a cloud of darkness and scooped up Erron, taking them both into the cloud.

Both of them re-emerged on the otherside of the wall with the Minotuar army.

"Lets buy them some time!"

Turk'en released the cloud and took off after the first minotuar he saw. The beast were stunned by the appearance of the two hunters. He fell easily to Turk'ens short swords. Turk'en ran down to the next one who was more prepared and the two stood off for a moment before attacking each other
Back to top Go down
Erron
Survivor
Erron

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 3:18 pm

Erron didn't question Turk'en. He and the darkling knew to trust each other. The black cloud enveloped them both and they re-appeared outside of the wall . The sight took Erron back for a moment.

Hundreds and hundreds of minotaur troops.

And then quite possibly one of the biggest came straight at Erron and swung a punch nailing Erron in the chin and sent him flying.

WHAM!!!

Erron landed on top of Kyria's ice wall.

As he slipped and struggled to his feet the large minotaur leaped higher than any living being should be able to and landed on top of the ice wall as well. He punched Erron again in the face.

That wasn't Erron's concern though....he looked at the wall.

It was cracking.....
Back to top Go down
Rizzen Vrinn
Hunted
Rizzen Vrinn

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 3:30 pm

Kyria wrote:
Kyria watched as Erron ran off. She couldn't shake the feeling that she knew him, but she didn't take the time to contemplate it.

"The park is hardly a fortress." She mumbled as she stepped off into the shadows and disappeared only to reappear at the park.

As she came up behind Leif and took a step in front of him and put out her rapier just under Rizzen's chin "Don't give me anymore reason to kill you!" She hissed in common as she stared at him with hatred.

Rizzen felt the blade press against his throat. He smiled.

"You could kill me," he whispered, "but then you won't ever know what I've learned about you,. You see now we are what many scholars like to call a stale-mate. I am trapped by your blade....and you by my knowledge. So if you truly want me to help you, you'll remove the blade from my neck.....or you can gather the information I've learned from the Tothians."

He smiled at her cunningly.
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 3:37 pm

Rizzen Vrinn wrote:
Kyria wrote:

Rizzen felt the blade press against his throat. He smiled.

"You could kill me," he whispered, "but then you won't ever know what I've learned about you,. You see now we are what many scholars like to call a stale-mate. I am trapped by your blade....and you by my knowledge. So if you truly want me to help you, you'll remove the blade from my neck.....or you can gather the information I've learned from the Tothians."

He smiled at her cunningly.

Kyria looked at him returning his cunning smile as she dropped her blade. She moved up against him. "Harm a hair on Leif's head, knowledge or no, I will slit your throat and bleed you like the pig you are."

She turned to Leif "Tend to the people, take them to a stronghold if one exsists in this city, I'm sure Rizzen is DYING to help."
Back to top Go down
Rizzen Vrinn
Hunted
Rizzen Vrinn

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 3:47 pm

"You fools, there is only one stronghold in this city and it's where Prime Minister Zoei Fantasy lives. And in order to get in there, you'll have to get through as many Knights of Tomath as their are minotaurs. No, the only way anyone will survive in this city is if they take the rivers north....to Toi Swamp. And I personally would much rather face these cows than the horrors of that cursed place."

Rizzen then began to walk away but stopped

"Oh....as for helping Lehti.....no thank you. I've already witnessed enough peop--"

SHOOM!

A bolt of lightning hit Rizzen in the chest sending him flying backwards and landing at the feet of Leif and Kyria.

Three Tothian Mages stood twenty feet away, one of them with electricity crackling between his fingers.

"So we have both Rizzen Vrinn the Blood Wizard and Kyria in one place," the mage with the crackling energy said.
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 4:23 pm

Kyria knelt down to Rizzen and looked up at the mages, her black eyes glaring at them through her white hair.

Seeing that he was still breathing she got up and stepped over him. "Oh you all are a cunning lot. I don't know who Kyria is, don't really care, but no one but me will have the enjoyment of killing Rizzen. So...if you want to get to him you have to go through me." She gave them a smirk.
Back to top Go down
Rizzen Vrinn
Hunted
Rizzen Vrinn

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 5:16 pm

"Do yourself a favor girl," one of the mages said, "don't bite off more than you can chew," and with that their physical features transformed (Ability: Veiled) and shapshifted to look exactly as Kyria used to look.

"We know exactly who you are and what you're capable of," the Kyria look alike said with a crooked smile,"we don't wish to harm you.....we wish to join you."
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 5:21 pm

Rizzen Vrinn wrote:
"Do yourself a favor girl," one of the mages said, "don't bite off more than you can chew," and with that their physical features transformed (Ability: Veiled) and shapshifted to look exactly as Kyria used to look.

"We know exactly who you are and what you're capable of," the Kyria look alike said with a crooked smile,"we don't wish to harm you.....we wish to join you."

"You're good. Real good. I don't believe I'm this Kyria but you wish for me to join with you, then tell me...what's in it for me?"
Back to top Go down
Leif
Hunted
Leif

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 7:44 pm

Leif appeared between Kyria and the mages.

"HEY! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" demanded Leif as he crouched down to Rizzen. Damn... he'd need to use a spell for Rizzin (Heal Major Wounds).

"In case you haven't noticed, there's a siege going on! Put your damn faction plans aside and either help me with the citizens or go blow up some taurs. I don't have time for you attacking needlessly!"

Leif turned towards the crowd. He shouted as loud as he could, to the point where his voice scratched.

"IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE THE CASTLE IS, WE EITHER NEED ENTRY TO THE FORTRESS OR REINFORCEMENTS! I NEED SOMEONE TO GO FOR ME!"

Leif then ran, half frantic, to the various people that needed him. He avoided using spells unless it was needed. He used the parks natural resources the best he could.
Back to top Go down
Edaw
Fresh Meat
Edaw

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 9:46 pm

Erron wrote:
Erron kicked and shoved the minotaur who landed flat on top of Edaw.

"Enjoy," he said and ran toward the gates.

As he ran he saw the darkling woman cast a wall of ice to help reinforce the gate and walls.

"HOW LONG WILL THAT HOLD!?" he asked running up to her.

"You jackass!" Edaw quickly scrambled out from under the minotaur. He used his claw arms to pull him away.

Edaw looked at the ladders. He shot both claws up and grabbed hold of the ladders, he used them to pull himself up the wall.

He latched onto the the wall with one claw, and started knocking down the ladders using his other claw. Being able to fire his claws, he was able to knock several over from his spot.
Back to top Go down
Erron
Survivor
Erron

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 11:33 pm

The ice wall began splitting directly down it's center with Erron and the huge minotaur on top.

"Oh shit!"

And then it came crumbling down. It wasn't an easy fall. It was if being in an avalanche and falling.

Erron felt a large chunk of ice, which felt more like a boulder, hit him in the right shoulder (-1 Health Point to Right Arm), which spun him as he fell causing him to land hard on his ribs (-1 Health Point to Abdomen / -1 health Point to Torso.)

And then.....
the gate crashed in. the minotaurs flooded in.
Back to top Go down
Rizzen Vrinn
Hunted
Rizzen Vrinn

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 11:36 pm

Kyria wrote:
Rizzen Vrinn wrote:

"You're good. Real good. I don't believe I'm this Kyria but you wish for me to join with you, then tell me...what's in it for me?"

"We let you live," one of the mages said.

Leif wrote:

"IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE THE CASTLE IS, WE EITHER NEED ENTRY TO THE FORTRESS OR REINFORCEMENTS! I NEED SOMEONE TO GO FOR ME!"

Just as Leif yelled everyone in the park heard the boom. The front gates crashed open.

"Head for the river Lehti. It's the only way these people will live. Get to the swamp. I'll keep the mages busy," Rizzen whispered.
Back to top Go down
Leif
Hunted
Leif

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 12:48 am

Leif listened to Rizzin, but didn't think that was the best idea. The swamps were dangerous for adventurers. There was no knowing what types of undead could be in there. One exploder or howler and they'd be worse of than with the minotaurs. Yet... the park was too open, too easy. If the minotaurs wanted to, they could crush Leif and every man, woman, and child easily.

Leif didn't know what to do... I can't lead these people to their deaths, but I can't allow them to be sitting targets...

Would they be able to hide in the swamps safely? Would the minotaurs be merciful to the townspeople?

Time was short...

"ALRIGHT! PEOPLE, WE'RE GOING TO FORGE THROUGH THE RIVER UP NORTH TO THE TOI SWAMP. I WANT ANYONE WITH COMBAT EXPERIENCE LEADING THE JOURNEY!" Leif then looked at D'yrna.

"I don't know where your loyalties lie, but you are more than welcome to join us."

Before getting a reply, Leif was back to herding people into the river.

How many innocents am I leading to their doom?
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 9:57 am

Kyria raised an eyebrow and gave crooked smile. "Confidence is a good thing but over confidence can be deadly."

She heard Rizzen tell Leif to take the people to the swamp and that he would keep the mages busy, then came Leif's comment. "Go with them Rizzen, I can keep the gentlemen entertained for a bit."

She moved forward to the mages. "I'll join with you but under one condition...Rizzen is mine. I'll bring him in."
Back to top Go down
Turken
Hunted
Turken

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 10:49 am

ERRON!!

Turk'en watched as his friend fall with the crumbling ice. Turk'en ducked a swipe of a minotuars axe and spun vertically from another minotuars club. Turk'en caught the back swing of spear into his side. (-1 to torso)

"Gaahh!

Turk'en turned his attention back to the minotuars. He was going to get slaughtered if he didn't. He leapt into the air and landed on the minotuar that hit him with the spear. Quickly he stabbed on of his short swords into the skull of the minotuar. It slumped forward and Turk'en rode the beast down Turk'en held back another two then he focused on the third that was coming

[roll="d20"]1[/roll]

The skin of the minotuar burst into flames causing him to drop his weapon and take off running in panic. setting others near him's clothing ablaze. Turk'en used the distraction to run for the fallen wall to get to his friend.
Back to top Go down
Aldion
Hunted

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 12:00 am

The mechanical arm hissed and clicked, and slammed into the face of a passing minotaur, doing surprisingly little damage. The beast growled in rage and held its snout, "I will crush you elf!" he roared. The hulking monster swung his great axe in a blind rage and missed Aldion completely.

"Far better than you have tried, my bovinian adversary!" Reaver was immediately back in his grasp and the elf smiled.

The minotaur swung in a powerful downward arc, Aldion side stepped and caught the handle with the crescent of Reaver's blade, knocking it harmlessly to the side and hitting the bull man in the chin with the butt of reaver's pole.

It swung again sideways and its axe caught in a post. Aldion swung his scythe down hard, aiming to lop off the beast's hands... (called shot -1)

[roll="d20"]1[/roll]
Back to top Go down
Hunt the Dead
Tracker
Hunt the Dead

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 10:25 am

Defense Roll to Turk'en's Attack:

[roll="d20"]1[/roll]

Defense Roll to Aldion's Attack:

[roll="d20"]1[/roll]
Back to top Go down
Hunt the Dead
Tracker
Hunt the Dead

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 10:29 am

The minotaur Turk'en set on fire not only ran around lighting others on fire but ran to one of the three catapult . He lit it ablaze and caused it to begin to topple, however as it was toppling it fired. The large flaming cannonball it was armed with flew straight up into the air and came crashing down killing several minotaur who had been manning it.

Aldion swung the scythe lopping off the hands of the minotaur. The minotaur howled in rage and ran in fear of the elf.

However soon, the ground began to rumble......
Back to top Go down
Rizzen Vrinn
Hunted
Rizzen Vrinn

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 10:39 am

Kyria wrote:
"Go with them Rizzen, I can keep the gentlemen entertained for a bit."

"Foolish twit. Do you honestly think I care to take orders from anyone, yourself included? I'll leave you to deal with them, but I don't care to help these people. Lehti, good luck. I hope you meet your end during all of this, but see to the people's safety. Their lives mean little to me, but they mean far more than yours. Rizzen then got to his feet and took off running between two buildings and into the shadows (Ability: Stealth)

"Leif was left feeling odd. He heard Rizzen's words. He had heard them and their hatred for the last few days. But it was odd. This last time Rizzens spoke, while the words toward him sounded venomous....Leif detected no hatred in them at all. Was Rizzen's hatred of Leif all a hoax?????

Kyria wrote:
She moved forward to the mages. "I'll join with you but under one condition...Rizzen is mine. I'll bring him in."

Do not worry about him, Kyria. You will hunt him down for us eventually. Right now these towns people need help. The minotaurs draw closer. You, naturalist," the lead mage yelled at Leif," do not listen to the foolish Blood Wizard. If you go into the swamps, you'll die. Help us herd these people to our base here in Peregren. We have underground tunnels where they can hide."

The mage then looked at Kyria, "we truly mean you no harm. Our ways may seem horrible to some, but the ends justify the means. You are for more powerful than you realize Kyria, and the day will come where you not only will wish to join our faction, but you will need to survive in this world. Now help us move these people to our headquarters. We have defenses there that are guaranteed to keep the minotaurs out."
Back to top Go down
Erron
Survivor
Erron

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 10:44 am

Turken wrote:

The skin of the minotuar burst into flames causing him to drop his weapon and take off running in panic. setting others near him's clothing ablaze. Turk'en used the distraction to run for the fallen wall to get to his friend.

Erron got to his feet, holding his ribs with his forearm but still holding both Khopesh blades.

"Get back to the fight and stop worrying about me! You know better!" Erron yelled at Turk'en.

Two minotaurs came at Erron with clubs. Erron took off running toward Aldion.

"Aldion take one of them, I'm leading the other to Edaw!" he yelled.

Meanwhile..................

"Please help me!!!!!" the barmaid screamed in terror hiding behind the bar in fear of a large minotaur.

Popurum was the only one at The Quarters who could help.
Back to top Go down
Leif
Hunted
Leif

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 6:43 pm

"I really don't want to take these people to the swamps. However, I don't know you. Depending on where the base is, it may be too late.

"D'yrna, what do you think? Can we trust the mages?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Fall of The City
Page 13 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next