Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Streets of Dead Town

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Craigzilla
Hunter of Dead
Craigzilla

The Streets of Dead Town Empty
PostSubject: The Streets of Dead Town   The Streets of Dead Town EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 1:45 pm

Random pushed his foot hard and sped up.

The thrusters kicked in on the go-kart and he flew down the street and around the corner, turning backwards slighty firing his machine gun.

"WATCH WHERE YOU'RE DRIVING YA DAMN KYRIA!" his companion shouted in his ear.

"You'd think, you'd be complaining and calling me curse words about me firing off a few rounds beside yer ear. But nooooooooooooo. You have to complain about my--"

"DRIVING!" his companion yelled.

Random turned just in time to see the go-kart slam into a pile of rubble. He and his companion flew through the air and crashed into a different pile of rubble.

"Get off you stupid elf!" Random shouted shoving his dwarven companion off of him.

"It's not my fault you can't drive and shoot at the same time, and another thing, you never did---ELF!? I"LL KILL YOU!" the dwarf shouted, tackling Random.

The human and the dwarf tumbled into the street.

Ever since the Elven/Dwarven War of Skell, the two races hated each other with a passion and warred constantly. That was nearly a thousand years ago. They still hated each other with a passion, but now they had automatic machine guns to fight with.

"Simple. SIMPLE! SIMPLE STOP!" Random shouted at the dwarven companion named Simple.

Both the human and the dwarf looked up.

The street was filled with the undead.

Hundreds of them.

And they all took off sprinting after Simple and Random.
Back to top Go down
http://www.craigdeboardart.com
Nick W
Hunted
Nick W

PostSubject: Re: The Streets of Dead Town   The Streets of Dead Town EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 2:49 pm

While the two men were picking themselves up, from an alley appeared nearby. In each of his flippers, he held a firearm. He came out with both guns firing, aiming for the large horde. He entered the street and moved near Simple and Random.

He fired every shot rapidly, not caring about ammo, but for the living. His narrowed eyes above his beak conveyed his focus. Most of the shots hit shoulder, neck, or air. However, several hit the foreheads, dropping the charging stiffs.

"Get up and lets go!" shouted the penguin aniver.
Back to top Go down
Craigzilla
Hunter of Dead
Craigzilla

PostSubject: Re: The Streets of Dead Town   The Streets of Dead Town EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 12:38 am

It was a lost time....

no historical records could ever be found. The dark ages of the world of Aeon were ruled by chaos. A man loved a woman so deeply he sacrificed the entire world to have her again...and he failed. His failure brought upon a plague the likes of which the world of Aeon had never seen.

The undead.

Wars were fought.

Heroes died.

Horrible monsters rose.

Kings of the Undead rose and fell.

Ravagings and Decimations occurred.

And then one day......something changed.

No one new what it was.

The record books had been lost. The Dark Ages ended, centuries passed......and the time of the Bleeding Machine began.

None know of what happened during that time period between the Dark Ages and Bleeding Machine. All anyone knew was that for a time, the undead had been beaten somehow and that various races had been completely wiped out in the process.

Only four races remained on Aeon.....and none of them trusted one another. Each of them blamed the others for the plague returning. Each of them were determined to survive even if it meant another race would be wiped out.

And so this present day time was called Bleeding Machine. These races that survived were the cogs in the machine of distrust.....and the blood they would willingly spill fighting one another would keep the machine of distrust moving forward until only one race reigned supreme.....or until every last person was dead.

The humans were the ones known to try to stop the plague....but it was believed that they only did so to enslave the other races.

The dwarves were the ones who built the gigantic single city of Nerin Toth. Gone were the days of traveling across hills and plains and deserts. The entire continent was one city now.....a city destroyed by the plague.....and the dwarves were blamed by the other races for their technology somehow bringing the undead back.

The elves were the crusaders, who trusted the humans most, but soon began to grow selfish and believed themselves to be superior to other races, as they felt no other races were working as hard or sacrificing as much to stop the undead.

The darklings were the underbelly of the single city, and were never trusted from the beginning.

The aniver, it was revealed were true lycanthropes, with the ability to shape shift from human form to animal form. When it was discovered they had this ability the elves, dwarves and darklings lost all trust in the aniver believing them to just be humans trying to fool the other races. The humans felt the aniver lycanthropes were trying to invade their ranks.

The races were no longer cooperative.

Their distrust was only outmatched by their hatred for one another.

The undead overran the single city easily. Some small bastions of hope remained, but they were few and far between.

Four core groups were known to fight back against the undead the most.

Some were healers. Some were warriors. Some were wizards. Some were rogues.

All of them however would see victims fall to the undead.

The world was reborn at one point. How, no one knows. And it was devastated once again. How, no one knows.

But the cogs in the bleeding machine keep turning.....ever so slowly......to their own demise.

Random jumped from where he lay after the go-kart crash and took off running toward the aniver for safety. He hated lycanthropes, but better to side with one than fight a horde of undead alone.

He heard Simple's scream and turned to see him fall prey to a group of flesh eaters.

"Foolish dwarf," he muttered.

Random ran past the aniver into the alley as the aniver covered his escape with gunshots.

"We need to find a safehouse! We're dead if we stay out here in the open much longer," Random said quickly, searching in his backpack and pulling out some gauze. He quickly began wrapping his forearm. A nasty gash was in it from the wreck and the last thing he needed was for the wound to get dirty.

"The Dead Town District isn't safe! It's run by those damn vampires, The Civil Agents! We have to get out of here!"
Back to top Go down
Nick W
Hunted
Nick W

PostSubject: Re: The Streets of Dead Town   The Streets of Dead Town EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 1:02 am

Duck hesitated after the first man ran past him. The aniver was waiting for the dwarf. Duck slowly backed away towards the alley, ready to run, even if the dwarf wasn't fast enough. All the while, he continued blasting his pistols. He didn't worry about ammo. The belt of ammo around his feathery body was fully stocked, still.

"Move faster, dwarf, or you'll be dinner!"

Finally, both clips ran out. The guns would only click in protest for their master.

"Damn," said Duck, as he ran back down the alley, following the first man.

"Ya know where you're goin'?"
Back to top Go down
Craigzilla
Hunter of Dead
Craigzilla

PostSubject: Re: The Streets of Dead Town   The Streets of Dead Town EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 12:55 pm

Random led Duck through a series of alleys that more resembled a maze until they came to a stairwell that led down into a brick building.

The undead followed them the whole way.

Random opened the door at the bottom of the stairwell and after Duck went through it with him, he shut the door behind him and locked it and quickly ran to another door, this one made of iron, across the room and banged on it.

"Open up! We've got a whole pack on our asses!" he yelled.

A voice from the other side of the door could be heard.

"Turk'en justice was forthright."

"The Hunt is On!" Random yelled the code in a panic.

The iron door opened with a loud creak and Random and Duck quickly went in.

A large burly human armed with an automatic rifle slammed the door shut and locked an iron latch. The undead burst through the other door and threw themselves at the iron door. They could be heard from the other-side, but Random and Duck were safe.

The large burly human slammed the butt of his rifle into Duck's beak knocking him to the floor and aimed then pressed the barrel of the gun up against Duck's forehead.

"Who's the lycanthrope, Random, and give me one good reason why we all shouldn't kill you after we're done with him!" the large burly man said in angry tones.
Back to top Go down
Nick W
Hunted
Nick W

PostSubject: Re: The Streets of Dead Town   The Streets of Dead Town EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 1:21 am

"Damn it..." moaned the aniver, grabbing his beak. It was bleeding and throbbing.

"I shoulda taken my chances with the stiffs."

Duck didn't dare stand up. These foolish humans might not have the sense to accept an ally, but they likely have the skills to use firearms.

Then Duck got a thought.

"Course... if I had thought you were all humans, I'd have taken my human shape. Of course, when I noticed there were some "lycanthropes" in your group, I thought I was safe."

Duck's eyes darted to a second, smaller human standing close to the tall burly one.
Back to top Go down
Craigzilla
Hunter of Dead
Craigzilla

PostSubject: Re: The Streets of Dead Town   The Streets of Dead Town EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 7:12 pm

Everyone in the room spun on each other aiming guns at each other.

"HOLD ON! HOLD ON! None of us are lycanthropes. You have too--PUT DOWN THE DAMN GUNS!" yelled Random.

Everyone hesitated for a moment and then slowly but surely lowered their weapons.

The big burly man then walked to where Duck was, "Gimme one reason why I should trust you."
Back to top Go down
miklbane
Hunter of Dead

PostSubject: Re: The Streets of Dead Town   The Streets of Dead Town EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 7:06 am

Kirdy tried to see around the crowd of people that were in front of him. He wanted to see who came in. Kirdy was shorter than most his age, but his momma said that would change as he got older. Now in his 19 years he was still the shortest of even those a couple of years younger than he was. That was ok with Kirdy. He knew he was fast and smart, smarter than those that were dimwitted enough to try and hurt him.

Now, these two people had been outside. Kirdy was almost old enough to go out himself, but his mother tried to keep him in the safezone.

He just needed permission…

…or a way out.

That’s where these two new people came in.

The towering door guard seemed to know one of them and the other was…

Was he really a changer? In here?

He won’t stand a chance. These people will try to eat him if he stays in animal shape.

Kirdy just needed to talk to them. They would let him go with them.

He just knew it.
Back to top Go down
Nick W
Hunted
Nick W

PostSubject: Re: The Streets of Dead Town   The Streets of Dead Town EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 10:58 am

Craigzilla wrote:

"HOLD ON! HOLD ON! None of us are lycanthropes. You have too--PUT DOWN THE DAMN GUNS!" yelled Random.

Everyone hesitated for a moment and then slowly but surely lowered their weapons.

The big burly man then walked to where Duck was, "Gimme one reason why I should trust you."

"I doubt I could say a single thing to get your trust. Although, if I have to say, my bullets are for undead, not for petty disputes that have no place in this world."

Duck stayed on the ground. He truly believed he was at the end of his zombie-fighting days. 'Spose going out with a bang isn't too bad, compared to being mauled by humanoids...
Back to top Go down
Gerulf Drog
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: The Streets of Dead Town   The Streets of Dead Town EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 11:55 am

A tall, slender male human stood close to the group's leader. He wanted to get a good look at what was drawing the crowd. Two people entered. Well... one person and an aniver. The lycanthrope was on his back in a flash. The penguin's beak bled, and he was at the burly man's mercy.

Too bad I can't get a second alone with 'Feathers'...

The slender man looked at the penguin's companion. The slender man didn't know the lycanthrope's friend, but he didn't know a lot of people in the crowd.

The few people that he talked to knew him as Hunter. He kept his birth name to himself. It was no one's business but his own. His heritage was stolen from him, and he dared not to reclaim it. Hunter was the only name he could sanely live with.

The lycanthrope attempted a bluff, and Hunter felt the penguin eyes fall on him. The bluff seemed to almost work. The crowd was getting paranoid. Hunter curled his lips in a cynical grin.

Careful, lycanthrope, I wouldn't put it past some of us to have a taste for penguin..., thought Hunter.
Back to top Go down
Craigzilla
Hunter of Dead
Craigzilla

PostSubject: Re: The Streets of Dead Town   The Streets of Dead Town EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 2:43 pm

Nick W wrote:
Craigzilla wrote:

"I doubt I could say a single thing to get your trust. Although, if I have to say, my bullets are for undead, not for petty disputes that have no place in this world."

Duck stayed on the ground. He truly believed he was at the end of his zombie-fighting days. 'Spose going out with a bang isn't too bad, compared to being mauled by humanoids...

"Wait a sec...." the big man said turning to aim his gun at Random.

"Where's Simple? He may not have been a normal human like the rest of us, but he was trust-worthy. What happened to --you're one too aren't ya, Random? A lycanthrope."

"WHAT!?" Random yelled confused and angry at what he perceived to be an insult.

"OK, the both of ya, get out! We don't need your kind here. You either leave or we find out if Penguin really does taste like chicken. Random, go. Can't believe I trusted you." the big man said.

"But--"Random started before he was cut off.

"GET THE FUCK OUT!" the big man yelled shoving Random toward the steel doors still keeping his gun on him.

The rest of the room still aimed at Duck.

"Fine...." Random said downtrodden.

"Let's go. It's quiet out there now. We might be able to find somewhere else if we hurry," Random said to duck.

Another of the humans opened the door for the two of them. Random turned away to walk out the door.
Back to top Go down
Jon
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: The Streets of Dead Town   The Streets of Dead Town EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 8:42 pm

AhhhHHhhhhhhhhhhhHH!

*SMACK!*

"And you stay the fuck out!" a large, and rather ugly, human woman yelled down to the streets below, spitting on the man she just threw off the roof. Her and two other man-ish women walked out of view, laughing at the battered elf lying two stories below.

Talyn rolled over, very much in pain, and tried getting up, but decided he should just lie still. "Ah, so THAT'S why one should never mess with the Tranny gang..."

He lay there holding his sides, unaware that the large doors behind him had just opened....
Back to top Go down
Nick W
Hunted
Nick W

PostSubject: Re: The Streets of Dead Town   The Streets of Dead Town EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 12:54 am

Duck looked at the human, sadly. He felt guilty for having caused this mess. He also felt afraid. They would have to survive the streets again. He couldn't believe the arrogance, the foolishness of the humans! They'd cast out two perfectly good survivors so carelessly? The penguin shook his head. As he stepped out of doorway, behind Random, he altered his shape. From penguin to "human."

His beak became a pointed nose; his hair, sloppy mop-top. His flippers became arms and he grew ear lobes. His hair was white as snow. His clothes remained the same, fortunately, not having to adjust much with the transformation. And even better, Duck was getting away with his pistols still.

He turned at looked at the leader of the group.

"A sad time for our people and our hopes, when we can no afford to put faith in those we 'trust.' You should know, the "Simple" you mentioned, whether you want to believe or not; we did everything we could- both of us- to get him to safety."

Duck then headed out, to find an elf peering up at him from the ground...
Back to top Go down
Jon
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: The Streets of Dead Town   The Streets of Dead Town EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 1:01 am

Talyn looked at the 'human' standing over him, as well as the people still near the door. "Hullo there," Talyn said extending his hand to Duck. "I know how rude it is for me to not stand and introduce myself, but I am currently in an excruciating amount of pain, just fell off a building and all that. Name's Talyn, and this currently hurts like a sonofabitch!"
Back to top Go down
Gerulf Drog
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: The Streets of Dead Town   The Streets of Dead Town EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 1:32 am

Hunter didn't expect the leader of the group to turn so quickly on Random. He was so fickle, so paranoid. Surely, the leader wouldn't cast them out so rashly? On the other hand... Timid were the humans, anymore.

Hunter decided, silently, that Random and Duck would not be looking for shelter alone. Yet, he hesitated leaving. With the sudden appearance of the elf, and if the penguin's words could reach the gang leader, would Hunter have to leave after all?
Back to top Go down
Craigzilla
Hunter of Dead
Craigzilla

PostSubject: Re: The Streets of Dead Town   The Streets of Dead Town EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 4:57 pm

SHA-BOOM!!!!!!

The explosion threw everyone in different directions.

It was that fast. No one saw it coming.

Random's eyes fluttered open. He felt as if he had been out for hours, but in reality it was only for a few seconds. he glanced around. Everyone was covered in dirt, dust, and debris. Most were dead.

"Th' hell?" he mumbled.

He pushed himself up and stumbled for a moment and turned around.

The building was gone!

And heading down the street toward where the building had once stood was very large, very armored tank.

"TH' HELL!?!?" he screamed.

"Duck! Duck! GOOSE! Sorry man, had to say it. Come on get up ya damn bird!" he yelled at Duck trying to rouse him.

The tank loomed closer and the dead in the distance could be heard making their way to the scene.
Back to top Go down
Nick W
Hunted
Nick W

PostSubject: Re: The Streets of Dead Town   The Streets of Dead Town EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 5:44 pm

Hunter appeared next to Random, to help get the penguin man onto his feet. Without a roof, there was no place in staying at the hide-out anymore.

"Any ideas where to go?" asked Hunter.

The penguin got to his feet and looked around for his two hand guns. Once he knew they were in their right places, he got on his webbed feet, and thanked Random.

"I'll ignore the 'Goose' thing, so long as we can get out of here."
Back to top Go down
Craigzilla
Hunter of Dead
Craigzilla

PostSubject: Re: The Streets of Dead Town   The Streets of Dead Town EmptySat May 01, 2010 3:33 am

The tank loomed closer, and as it drew near, Random saw what was quite possible the oddest and most horrible thing he ever witnessed.

Two zombies fought to climb out of the top of the tank.

Then the tank crashed into a bench and kept looming closer.

"Ummmm.....I don't think even they realize it....but I think those are zombies driving the tank."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Streets of Dead Town   The Streets of Dead Town Empty

Back to top Go down

The Streets of Dead Town
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Hunt the Dead :: Closed Threads-
Jump to: