Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Into the Depths of Hell

Go down 
+8
Kyria
Erron
Parah Tainer
?????
DacenTainer
Zachy
Browden
Hunt the Dead
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Hunt the Dead
Tracker
Hunt the Dead

Into the Depths of Hell Empty
PostSubject: Into the Depths of Hell   Into the Depths of Hell EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 7:42 pm

Browden, Herod, Lucian, Dacen, Parah, and Guyver stepped through the gates and heard the magical energy shift behind them as the gates closed.

The world of hell was so odd.

Rumors of various levels of hell had always been rampant.

The mercenary group wasn't sure if this was just "another level" of hell or not, or if this just was hell.

Everything was different.

The sky was pitch black always.

There was no grass. Just red clay.

Yet light was still somewhat apparent from odd random fires that burned in the distance, yet when ever the mercenary group traveled to the fires they never seemed to get any closer.

Hell was much like Aeon. The land masses of the continents were the same shape and even some of the cities they knew of were in the same locations.

However that was where the similarities ended.

The people of hell here, were those who had died, and deserved to be here.

There were no children here. There was no good here.

They would find no allies like Knights, or generous politicians like Zoei Fantasy.

Everything was corrupt.

When they traveled to cities, the cities had no names. In the cities prostitution was abundant, gambling was found everywhere, and people were constantly murdered, only to rise again crying out in agony from the pain of the killing blows they received.

It was at this point that the group realized their search for Popurum would not be easy. he could be anywhere here in hell.

Furthermore they realized one of the true horrors were the demons.

They stood 12 feet tall each, with bright red flesh, and horse legs much like a centaur. However their upper torso was that of a man, as were their heads. Their eyes glowed an eerie yellow color, and smoke poured from their nostrils. Their tails were of fire as were their hooves.

They all carried large whips and scimitars also made of fire.

One hapless soul trying to run from one of the demons stopped and grabbed a bucket of water from a well and threw it at one of the demons.

The water dissipated before ever touching the beast.

The group realized what kind of place this was.

The dead would rise again here only to be punished and murdered, just so they could rise again and again and again.

The only souls here who didn't go through this torture were the innkeepers of the brothels of hell, who were forever forced to serve alcohol to the demons, and some women (and even some men) who the demons used as they saw fit.

Lucian was thankful he left his lion mount in Frost Keep back on the mortal plane. Who knew what demons would do to it.

The group had wandered into a village and found an inn. The inns in hell were the only buildings people came to and fro from.

The souls who the demons no longer saw a use for were stacked upon each other in buildings. Their cries of crowding and begging to die were constantly ignored. hands always reached out of windows pleading for someone to end their existence.

There would be no relief.

As the group entered the inn, they all realized they were hungry.

A large fat man with a clear walked to their table and sat down a warm glass of whiskey for each of them. All of their glasses were filthy and had bugs floating in them. He slammed down a plate in front of each of them. The food was nothing to be desired. Raw pigs feet, and raw, gutted, rotten fish. but the group had no choice. It was this or starve to death. And while none of them were sure, they all believed that since they were all still technically alive, if they died here in hell, they would be trapped here forever.

As each of them stared at the disgusting excuse for food, a woman walked to the table wearing a black cloak concealing her features.

"I know who you're seeking. The great grandfather of my enemy. I can help you. Meet me out back of this building, in three hours," she said, and then left.

Lucian, being the impetuous one stood to ask where she was going.

A demon entered the inn and growled at Lucian.

"So," the demon said, "you believe you can stand up to me....we shall see about that," he finished as he drew his scimitar of flame.
Back to top Go down
http://www.huntthedead.com
Browden
Hunted
Browden

PostSubject: Re: Into the Depths of Hell   Into the Depths of Hell EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 8:04 pm

Browden sat at the table and looked around. Hell really was... hell. The cries frightened him, and he swore everywhere he looked, he saw Jade.

Whatever food he got, he had to force down. Hell, the infested drink was better than the real meal.

Then, a woman appeared.

??? wrote:
"I know who you're seeking. The great grandfather of my enemy. I can help you. Meet me out back of this building, in three hours."

"I don't trust her. She-"

Lucian got up and had already got the attention of one of those demons.

Browden instantly got quiet.

Why do I continue to follow these people?
Back to top Go down
Zachy
Survivor
Zachy

PostSubject: Re: Into the Depths of Hell   Into the Depths of Hell EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 8:10 pm

Lucian glanced back at Browden.

"We should leave fa," he said but he was cut off when SMACK! a flaming whip connected with Lucian's back leaving scorch marks where it struck his body.

"GAHHHHHH!" he shouted as he drew his sword and stabed it into the demons chest. The demon just laughed. Lucian panicked and took his flaming scimitar and swung at the demons head it connected and sliced the demons head off as the rest of his body exploded into flames and dissapered.

"There swords get there swords!" he shouted as he straped the sheath around his waist and put the sword in it.

He tossed Browden a flamming version of the simitar just a axe and handed Dacean, Guvyer, Herod and Parah there flaming wepons.

Lucian began his way out the door to the back of the building he sat down and waited

3 HOURS LATER

a womans figure began walking down the ally.
Back to top Go down
Hunt the Dead
Tracker
Hunt the Dead

PostSubject: Re: Into the Depths of Hell   Into the Depths of Hell EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 9:18 pm

The woman in the cloak approached the group.

"You fools!" she hissed "your actions earlier this night have attracted lords! Those beasts you believe you killed did not die. The are the Demon Lords of a Nazshoth! They can not be killed. None fight back against them, for everyone here wishes only to die! They pray for these beasts to slay them so that their suffering may end. And by you fighting back like petulant fools, you've alerted your mortality to them!

They know you do not belong here! They know you live!"

The woman glanced around up and down the alley the group stood in.

"I know who it is you seek. The Riverfolk. And I knew the moment I spied you in that bar, earlier, that you were like me.....alive."

She looked around again to make sure no one had hear their conversation yet.

"I was pulled into this hell the same way, the Riverfolk was. By Edaw the Second, the Prince of Hell, son of Edaw the first, the King of Hell. I wish to escape just as much as you. And at first my intention was to discover the where abouts of the Riverfolk. I knew he was mortal just as I am. But now that there are other mortals here, namely you idiots, perhaps we can work together to free the Riverfolk.

Edaw is holding him in his prison in the heart of Azlaz, this city, as it were. The prison is below ground. We must travel through the city under the cover of darkness to the prison if we are to free the Riverfolk."

She looked around again, and then began to walk away from the group, staying shadows.

"Come, we can not stay in one place to long. They will find us."
Back to top Go down
http://www.huntthedead.com
DacenTainer
Hunted
DacenTainer

PostSubject: Re: Into the Depths of Hell   Into the Depths of Hell EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 12:50 am

Dacen was startled as the demon's whipped lashed Lucian he was about to get up and help him but remembered he didnt really have a useful weapon. Once everything in the alley happened Dacen began following the woman as everyone else began following as well.

Survivor
Zachy

PostSubject: Re: Into the Depths of Hell   Into the Depths of Hell EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 11:59 am

Lucian stood for a moment he felt like a idiot for what he did. Why did he always fight back?

"And once we find the Riverfolk we can leave this place?" he asked as he walked with the rest of the group.

"And another thing, are these flaming wepons the only thing we can use against them?" he said he felt even more like an idiot with his barage of questions.

It was then when the walked and relised the horror of this place. He could smell the bearning bodys and hear the screams of women alike this was one time he whish he didn't have hightened senses.

Lucian spoke to himself but the others heard and the seriousness in his voice was ever so present.

"We need to help these people," he said as he glanced about.
Back to top Go down
?????
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Into the Depths of Hell   Into the Depths of Hell EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 12:17 pm

"You fool!" the woman hissed from under the hood of her cloak, quietly, "you can not help these vermin. They are bound to suffer here in hell for all eternity. Heh. It is funny, many believe Aeon to be hell....those who do have no idea what hell truly is. These 'people', if that's what you wish to call them, deserve to be here. They are rapists, child murderers, tyrants, cannibals and serial killers from Aeon. They are the 'people' so many swear to protect others from.

They will beg you to kill them. They will only rise here again to suffer more. They are damned to suffer for all time.

They will beg you to free them. Were you to do so, they would cut your throat the moment the opportunity served itself.

They are the scum of the world. They are worthless."

The group rounded a corner, and the mysterious woman led them down a flight of stairs which led into the basement of a brick building.

Cock roaches scurried out of the way. A rat, who was bloody and eating another rat, ran across the room from them.

Water dripped from the ceiling. A thin green mist hung in the air.

Black mold ran up the walls making breathing difficult.

Bones, possibly dwarven were shoved into a corner. Blood stains covered the cold stone floor.

The room had one small wooden table with a small wooden stool next to it, and a torn, urine and blood stained mattress lay on the floor.

A plain silver ring rested on the table as well.

"Welcome home," the cloaked woman said with a slight chuckle.

"This will be our base of operations. In order to free the Riverfolk from his prison we will need to collect items to build a weapon that will actually harm Edaw. You will all run errands to retrieve the necessary components needed. These will not be easy tasks and they are all quite deadly.

You are not safe here. Let me repeat that...YOU ARE NOT SAFE HERE...and you can die at ANY MOMENT. And if you die in hell you are trapped in hell, forever.

You may use this room to rest and regroup yourselves. I suggest only traveling in the city in pairs or trios at the most. If some of you are captured, the others may be able to free you. However if all of you are captured, then you will never make it home again."

She walked to the iron door leading back up the steps and out to the city.

"There is a list of the necessary items needed on the table as well as a silver ring. Use the list to find the items needed. Once you have all of the items, place the ring on your right index finger and turn it clockwise three times. You will then be able to communicate with me telepathically for a few short moments to let me know you have the components for the weapon. Once you do this I shall meet you back here.

The ring can only be used the one time. Do NOT contact me unless all of the items are gathered."

She then left, shutting the iron door behind her.
Back to top Go down
?????
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Into the Depths of Hell   Into the Depths of Hell EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 12:25 pm

The note on the table read as follows.

ITEMS NEEDED.

Steel pipe from the furnace of an in inn
Wooden club
Carving knife
Steel rivets from a steam cycle
Steam compressor engine (likely to be found with steam cycle as well)
20 Demon Lord fangs
Steel ring (two inches in diameter)
one ounce of saltpeter
wooden bowl
wooden grinding stick
two ounces of coal
Steel marble
Wand of Force Orb
Ring of Blood Teleport

9 Steel
12 Steel or Copper bolts
12 steel or copper nuts
1 carpenter's hammer
1 dwarven wrench
Back to top Go down
Parah Tainer
Fresh Meat
Parah Tainer

PostSubject: Re: Into the Depths of Hell   Into the Depths of Hell EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 12:37 pm

Parah whistled quietly as he read the list. "Dragon Lord fangs?" He glanced at the flaming sword in his hand. "She wasn't kidding. This is going to be quite a difficult task. I say we split into small groups to obtain the easier items and then we all work together to obtain the more difficult ones. What do the rest of you think?"
Back to top Go down
DacenTainer
Hunted
DacenTainer

PostSubject: Re: Into the Depths of Hell   Into the Depths of Hell EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 2:28 pm

"I agree with Parah, we should go in small groups for easier items and for harder ones do them together. "So, we need teams now."
"There are 5 of us so someone goes alone." "I think Lucian should be alone cause he can take care of himself, then Guyver and Browden and me and Parah." Dacen suggested. "Say I if you are alright with this."
Back to top Go down
Zachy
Survivor
Zachy

PostSubject: Re: Into the Depths of Hell   Into the Depths of Hell EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 6:33 pm

Lucian read over the list. His face expressions were serious Lucian was not joking this time. He normally would have made a joke about him being by himself only this time he wasnt.

Lucian looked at everyone.

"Ok, but if any of us get captured yell everyone in this groups name as loud as you can, none of us are dying in this place, DO YOU HEAR ME!" he said trying to get the point across that all these men are brothers blood or not they must help each other every and each way.

"personally i think we should go in teams on shifts, me and Browden tonight, Dacen and Parah when we get back. If we dont come back somethings wrong and we all go help." said Lucian
Back to top Go down
Browden
Hunted
Browden

PostSubject: Re: Into the Depths of Hell   Into the Depths of Hell EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 8:26 pm

Browden pulled back, and slapped Lucian in the back of the head.

"Fools! Did you not hear what she said? 'The great grandfather of my enemy'. Aldion, King of Riddik is her enemy. Why would she want to help Popurum, if not to hurt him?"

"While she's in Hell she may sincerely want our help, but IF we get out of here, she'll likely want to kill him, which defeats the entire reason why we're here!"

"And that's only IF she REALLY wants to help us. For all we know, she could be a trap! Could you tell she was mortal? I couldn't!"

"Remember, this is Hell. There are a LOT of bad people here; hell, just about everyone here except Popurum deserves to be here! There could very well be some souls we've probably met, that might not be too excited to see us."

"Instead of thinking the FIRST person we've met might want to help us, how about you all show a little bit of cynicism? This is NOT Aeon. This is NOT just a job. At any moment, someone might think they can trade us in for permanent death."

"Now... despite what I've said, I think we need to complete this list. As it is, she is our only lead. However, lets not begin this right now. I think we should go out together as a group for now, and scope out the area. It might look similar to Aeon, but some things may be different. Once we get our barrings, and estimate the difficulty of this task, then perhaps we should split up."
Back to top Go down
Zachy
Survivor
Zachy

PostSubject: Re: Into the Depths of Hell   Into the Depths of Hell EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 8:38 pm

Lucian rubbed the back of his head.

"My big burley friend is right," said Lucian as he patted Browden on the shoulder.

"We should start immedatly," Lucian stated as he tucked the list in his pocket.

"We WILL NOT! draw our swords unless we absouloutly have to, run, hide anything but fight," Lucian said making his way to the doorway.
Back to top Go down
Parah Tainer
Fresh Meat
Parah Tainer

PostSubject: Re: Into the Depths of Hell   Into the Depths of Hell EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 3:56 pm

Parah though a moment before nodding and sheathing his sword. "Sounds like a good enough plan to me." He turned and fell into step behind Lucian.
Back to top Go down
DacenTainer
Hunted
DacenTainer

PostSubject: Re: Into the Depths of Hell   Into the Depths of Hell EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 4:42 pm

Dacen nodded in agreement "Alright, i agree, While were out, we might want to keep look out for some solutions for these items."

Dacen said as he headed towards the door behind Parah.
Back to top Go down
Browden
Hunted
Browden

PostSubject: Re: Into the Depths of Hell   Into the Depths of Hell EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 7:44 pm

Browden casually stepped outside, weaving past the all the carnage and gore as if he were in a garden of flower beds. He kept his one good eye out for that inn. No weapons... No defense... No idea what he was doing.

"I love my job."
Back to top Go down
Zachy
Survivor
Zachy

PostSubject: Re: Into the Depths of Hell   Into the Depths of Hell EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 7:53 pm

Lucian walked into the inn standing next to Browden.

"We should be able to find the steel pipe here, and a wooden bowl and possibly a ring," said Lucian as he looked around.

A women dropped a plate and a bowl filled with slop right at Browden and Lucian's feet. Lucian picked up the bowl and dropped the slop on Browdens plate.

He turned and saw a man fiddling with a ring he took the ring off and set it down on the table Lucian quickly grabed it the man didn't notice or didnt care.

"Well we are off to a good start two items lets go get the pipe shall we?" he said looking at Browden and glancing at the basment door of the inn.
Back to top Go down
Browden
Hunted
Browden

PostSubject: Re: Into the Depths of Hell   Into the Depths of Hell EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 8:00 pm

Browden smacked Lucian again.

"What happened to just getting our barrings? You watch it, or you're gonna draw attention," said Browden in a harsh whisper.

"Now, since you've already started our scavenger hunt, I suggest we look for some form smithy or plumbing area, before we get the pipe. We need bolts and nuts too. To get those, and the likely the pipe, we need a wrench and/or hammer... which both are also on the list."
Back to top Go down
Zachy
Survivor
Zachy

PostSubject: Re: Into the Depths of Hell   Into the Depths of Hell EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 8:08 pm

Lucian rubbed his head again. When he turned to look at Browden for the uncessary smack he noticed a demon with a hammer and wrench on some sort of utility belt making his way to the back of the inn where no one would follow.

Lucian just looked at Browden and smilled. Browden feared the worst.

Lucian walked to the back of the inn the demon mumbling to himself. Lucian sliped the hammer and the wrench out of his pouch on the belt and ducked back on the other side of the inn, the demon turned around and looked at his belt.

"Hmmmmm?" said the demon icthing his head he kept walking.

Lucian walked back into the inn and handed Browden the tools.
Back to top Go down
Parah Tainer
Fresh Meat
Parah Tainer

PostSubject: Re: Into the Depths of Hell   Into the Depths of Hell EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 10:22 pm

Parah smacked his forehead and shook his head sadly and looked at Lucian. "If that thing would have noticed you, we'd all be dead." He thought a moment. "I suggest we get out of here before that thing comes back looking for his tools."
Back to top Go down
Browden
Hunted
Browden

PostSubject: Re: Into the Depths of Hell   Into the Depths of Hell EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 11:50 pm

Lucian decided that perhaps he'd like to wear that steel ring, placing it on one of his fingers. He admired its sheen against his finger. Browden and the others warned him to be careful about drawing attention.

The handyman demon had been adjusting one of the pipes that contained gas. It was beginning to leak out, and without his tools, he couldn't fix it.

"That's me wedding ring!" cried the man, from whom Lucian had stolen from.

"You'll be giving it back!"

Lucian pulled away, lusting the ring. However, the man got his hold on Lucian and bit down hard on the finger, tearing it off! Lucian yelped in pain, drawing attention to himself.

The demon noticed immediately and pulled his fiery weapons, forgetting the leak...

KA- POW!!!!!!!!

"...Damn, dog..." Browden moaned. The entire inn had exploded. The heroes laid around the wreckage, in pain and in confusion. Lucian had lost his finger, and all the items. They had ALL been destroyed in the blast. They were back to square one.

Browden got up and found Lucian. The man had nice steel pipe lodged in his side. Browden pried the item from Lucian.

"That's one... nice work, Fido."
Back to top Go down
Zachy
Survivor
Zachy

PostSubject: Re: Into the Depths of Hell   Into the Depths of Hell EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 12:31 pm

A low painfull moan was heard as Lucian rolled over and got up clinging to Browden with his good hand as he pulled himself up to a standing position.

"My finger," said Lucian as he looked at his finger the blood had mostly couagulated and wasnt spurting as much as before. Lucian cut a peice of Browden's shirt off and wraped it around his hand.

"Your getting me a new finger," he said upset that he would have to keep his eyes out for some sort of dwarf or something that could help with his issue, but for now he was fingerless.

Lucian looked down at his side and strecthed. "I got the pipe didn't i?" he joked.

"Well i think we should head out for the steam cycle it seems like the next easiset thing." he added.
Back to top Go down
DacenTainer
Hunted
DacenTainer

PostSubject: Re: Into the Depths of Hell   Into the Depths of Hell EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 5:48 pm

As Lucian and Browden were talking they heard a light moan as Dacen got up. "Oh, nice job." Dacen said to Lucian as he walked around snapping off the dead creatures fangs. "That takes care of the fangs as well. We should try to catch up and get some more items."
Back to top Go down
Zachy
Survivor
Zachy

PostSubject: Re: Into the Depths of Hell   Into the Depths of Hell EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 6:14 pm

Lucian thought more he was thankfull that the finger was on his left hand so he could appropraitly use his sword and crossbow. Lucian was practing holding his crossbow he eventually decided he could use it one handed or rest it on his forarm.

"ok we got a pipe and all the fangs at least thats something," he said picking some stones and a toe out of his hair and flicking it on the ground.

"for now i'd say anyplace is better then here those demons and people could already be on there way here an-" Lucian didnt finish because in the distance a squad of Demon's that saw them were making there way to the group.

Lucian turned to his other side he couldnt make it out very well but he thought he saw a steam cycle and near the steam cycle a old run down bulding.

"We have to go now!" Lucian said as he began jogging to the bulding and eventually running Browden and the others not to far behind.
Back to top Go down
Parah Tainer
Fresh Meat
Parah Tainer

PostSubject: Re: Into the Depths of Hell   Into the Depths of Hell EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 11:24 pm

Parah swore under his breath when he saw the demons heading towards them. All of a sudden, he yelped as a flaming arrow barely missed his shoulder. "They're shooting at us!" He drew his crossbow and aimed carefully before he fired behind his shoulder. The bolt hit the pursuing demon in front of the evil horde and as he fell, several of the other demons stumbled over him, their large size creating a large barrier as they all tried to get off of each other. It wasn't much, but it would buy them time. "We don't have much time! We need to find somewhere to hide!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Into the Depths of Hell   Into the Depths of Hell Empty

Back to top Go down

Into the Depths of Hell
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Hunt the Dead :: Closed Threads-
Jump to: