Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Story of the Man that Fell.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hunt the Dead
Tracker
Hunt the Dead

The Story of the Man that Fell. Empty
PostSubject: The Story of the Man that Fell.   The Story of the Man that Fell. EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 8:50 am

Year 105 A.R.

The elf walked through the tenements scared witless. He wasn't sure where he was going. He looked down at the piece of paper. This was the right address. He adjusted his lapel on his sports coat and then received a call.

He pulled out his hole-phone and pressed the receive button. The holo-phone projected the image of his wife in their kitchen.

"Did you forget, Jinjin had garner practice today?" she asked, as she pulled out three tomatoes from the freon-holder and put them into the solar processor. She pushed the button and the blades in the pastic cup twirled.

"Look I'm sorry. Ulren is on my ass. He says if I don't get a decent story by this weekend, then he's going to find a new writer," the elf man replied, rounding a corner and nearly being run over by a hover-cycle.

Two prostitutes saw him and flashed what they were selling to him.

"No thanks, I'm not into borgs," he replied and kept walking.

"0111001111000010101001101101" one of the cyborgs replied angrily as the other cyborg flipped him off.

"Are you meeting with borgs again?! We went to counciling for this!" his wife said angrily, using the ion gun to slice some pork loins.

"No, honey. They're just some skemps is all," he replied.

"Well look, I don't know why you continue to write for that trash rag. He doesn't pay you enough Turks to even pay the electric bill each week," she said downplaying his employment.

"Look honey, I have a lead here. A good one. And if if this lead comes through, then he's gonna be the one kissing my ass from now on. I'll be bring in enough money to not only pay the electric but also to be able to buy you that new hover-van you've been wanting."

"Whatever. You said that about your last lead too," she replied, as she continued mixing her salsa.

She then hung up.

"Bitch," he muttered to himself closing the holo-phone and placing it in his jacket.

He found the address. This part of the capital city of Port Skell had been abandoned long ago when Aldion the Dark wages his thirty year war on Nerin Toth. No one had lived here since then.

The skeletons of the dead still lay in streets, some mummified to the asphalt.

He entered the building and walked up the stairs to the twelfth floor.

"Apartment 1209," he muttered to himself looking at the piece of paper.

He knocked on the door.

No answer.

He knocked again.

No answer.

He waited a few seconds.

He knocked again.

No answer.

"Fuck."

He turned to leave, but then he hear the door slowly creak open.

He turned and the edge of a sword was pointed directly in his face.

"What do you want?" the old man's voice said.

"I...I-uh, that is um-I'm here to meet a Mr. William E. Bane," the elf said nervously.

"What for?"

"He-um...well he uh, said that he had a story to tell."

"Oh....you're the man, who does the writing for that journalistic trash rag."

"Y-yes."

"So you want to know the story of Erron Stairin," the old man's voice coughed out.

"Yes, um yes sir."

The old man lowered the blade.

"Come in. Watch the roaches. Only fuckin' friends I got," the old man said turning away and walking back into the apartment.

The elf followed the old man in, and saw in his hand a kopesh blade.

Last edited by Dice Roller on Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.huntthedead.com
Hunt the Dead
Tracker
Hunt the Dead

PostSubject: Re: The Story of the Man that Fell.   The Story of the Man that Fell. EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 10:14 pm

The old man led the elf inside of the apartment.

"Live much?" said the elf in a rude manner, making fun of the old man's lack of furniture or amenities.

"I get by," the old man said, finding a chair and sitting down.

"OK so look, you said you have a story to tell. So tell it, and I'll make sure you're paid enough Turks to feed you and you're 'friends' for a month," the elf said nodding to the roaches on the floor.

"I don't want your money. I just want to tell my story. That's all," the old man replied, pulling out a dried piece of pork from a satchel pack on his hip.

"Heh, whatever old man. Go ahead," he said pulling out a magnesium pen and a holo-board to jot notes on.

"Well....it was 6 A.R. at the time me and Turk'en were in Jemeroth--"

"Wait. Did you say, 'Turk'en"? You mean the same 'Turk'en' who is the reigning King of the Undead out in the desert. The one who rules all of Nerin Toth and New Nerin Toth?"

"Yeah...that's what I said."

The old man coughed some and continued.

"You wanna hear the story or not," his raspy voice whispered.

"But that would make you over 99 years old? What were you some kid back then or something?"

"No....I was a man. We ran together, me and Turk. Aldion too."

"Just who the hell are you old man?" the elven journalist asked.

"My name is.....my name....my name is William E. Stairin. Bane is actually my sons name."

"William E. Stairin? But that-- you mean you're saying You're THE William E. Stairin? Erron Stairin? The original King of the Undead? ok old time, ya know I thought I'd be a nice guy when you told me last week outside of that bar that you had a story to tell. i thought I'd toss a few turks your way and here you out. But I didn't come here for some bullshit."

"Where do you think I got these?" the old man said nodding to the kopesh blades in the corner.

"Those replicas you mean? Heh, any kid can go down to the commerce center and buy those," the elf said heading for the door.

"Really? Then where do you think I got this?" the old man said flinging a shiny object at the elf. Upon hearing his voice the elf turned and out of reflex caught the small shiny object.

He looked at it in shock.

"It-is this....it...it's the pendant, that Erron wore...to talk to Turk'en...telepathically?"

The old man just stared at the elf.

The elf looked up at the old man.

"It ain't fake," the old man said.

The elf stared in silence at the old man for just a moment.

"Start talking," the elf said quietly and in shock.
Back to top Go down
Hunt the Dead
Tracker
Hunt the Dead

PostSubject: Re: The Story of the Man that Fell.   The Story of the Man that Fell. EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 10:16 pm

"I was in Kell 'Va Renn about ten months after the Goddess of Vengeance was defeated--"

"Everyone knows you died saving the godling child, Talkren."

"You gonna shut up and let me tell my story or do I have to cut off yer tongue."

"Sorry."

"Anyways....about ten months later me and a few others were in the forests of Kell 'Va Renn..."
Back to top Go down
Erron
Survivor
Erron

PostSubject: Re: The Story of the Man that Fell.   The Story of the Man that Fell. EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 10:22 pm

Year 7 A.R.

"Turk you have three on your six! Leif, we could use some trees for cover anytime you feel like pulling some in for us! Aldion, get that damn monkey out of my face before I throw it out there to them son of a bitches!" Erron yelled.

The four of them were huddled in a grove of trees. Several Civil Agents had them surrounded and were firing muskets at them. Erron was shooting his crossbow, as Turk'en fired his short bow. Aldion was armed with a longbow, and Leif was working his magic.

"LEIF GOD DAMN IT! GIVE US SOME FUCKING COVER!!!!!!" Erron yelled as bullets zinged past all of their heads from every direction.
Back to top Go down
Leif
Hunted
Leif

PostSubject: Re: The Story of the Man that Fell.   The Story of the Man that Fell. EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 10:46 pm

Giant vines an elephants leg thick started to wrap and curl around the Agents firing at them. At the same time, the foliage lifted high above the earth they tore from to become a natural, and green barrier... temporary as it was.

"There! Casting spells isn't like swinging a sword you know. Why do you think druids have those rangers to protect them?," grumbled the druid.

He moved as fast as he could behind more cover and grabbed some rocks and fitted one into a strap of leather.

"As thick as those vines are, they're not a stone wall," he warned.
Back to top Go down
Turken
Hunted
Turken

PostSubject: Re: The Story of the Man that Fell.   The Story of the Man that Fell. EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 11:56 pm

Turk'en spun around to address the attackers behind him. He swung one of his hand axes at one of the three enemies. The man blocked as the darkling knew he would allowing the momentum to spin him around, bringing his other hand axe around and slicing the thug across his stomach. The wounded man tried to hold his innards as they started to spill out. The man went pale and dropped to his knees.

Di'Yogi lunged after another attacker as Turk'en fought the first. The wolf lunged after the man dropping him to the ground and chomped down on the mans arm, locking his jaws and shook the mans arm vigorously.

Turk'en went to square off with the last of the three, but the then green barrier sprouted from the ground cutting the two off from each other.

Turk'en came over to the man Di'Yogi had down on the ground and swung his hand axe down. embedding it into his heart.

"What not gentlemen?"
Back to top Go down
Erron
Survivor
Erron

PostSubject: Re: The Story of the Man that Fell.   The Story of the Man that Fell. EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 6:44 pm

One of the Agents who had been a part of the Faction of the Blood Wizards at one point began casting a spell.

Turk'en fell to his knees screaming. "TURK!" Erron yelled running to him.

"YOU DARKLING, WHO IN ANOTHER TIME BROUGHT THE GOD-CHILD DOWN ON ALL OF US, WILL LEARN TO SUFFER AS DID HIS MOTHER THROUGH THE BLOOD YOU SHARE!" the mage announced as lighting arced across the sky.

The ground trembled and opened up beneath all of them.

The last thing any of them saw was the sky growing farther and farther away as they fell farther and farther into Hell.

OOC: This thread will continue in "Into The Depths of Hell located here: http://huntthedead.my-rpg.com/role-playing-f3/into-the-depths-of-hell-t59.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Story of the Man that Fell.   The Story of the Man that Fell. Empty

Back to top Go down

The Story of the Man that Fell.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Hunt the Dead :: Closed Threads-
Jump to: