Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Fall of The City

Go down 
+11
Turken
Rizzen Vrinn
Leif
Edaw
Kyria
Aldion
Lopex
Guyver
James
Erron
Hunt the Dead
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

The Fall of The City - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 8:22 pm

One minute Kyria was walking down the corridor getting ready to turn a corner, the next she was laid out on the floor. She lifted her head slightly as she looked blurry eyed at the one who hit her, then dropped her head, hitting it hard against the stone floor unconscious.

When she awoke she found herself laying upon a table looking at the floor. She started to get up but discovered she was cuffed at her wrists, ankles and neck. Not only was she bound down to a table, but her clothes had been removed as well.

Kyria pulled and fought against her bindings, but they held her fast. "Don't fight...Kyria. What we do we do for your own good...we do so that you can remember."
Back to top Go down
Hunt the Dead
Tracker
Hunt the Dead

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 16 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 9:55 am

Aldion wrote:
"Drop the riverfolk!" Aldion said angrily. He looked at the guard nearest him, "I have done nothing with Miss Fantasy, but if you desire for me to come in, I shall, but leave the riverfolk alone."

Punky stayed hidden in the rafters of the building, never letting go of his pistol. He turned his head sideways and looked in confusion at Aldion.

"If you are aware who I am, you know that me going peacefully is your best chance," he said confidently, hoping locals had embellished his stories here as they had elsewhere...

The guards looked at each other and nodded slightly, and then led Aldion and Popurum away without forcing them physically.

About a half hour later, they arrived at the garrison.

"Gentlemen," a knight who had been waiting said, "what do you know about kidnapping?" they asked and turned around.

It was the daughter of General Kargin el Tomath, Kerin el Tomath.
Back to top Go down
http://www.huntthedead.com
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 16 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 2:35 pm

Kyria had passed out from the pain inflicted upon her.

Kyria laid upon the ground, Erron straddling her. Her left arm had been cut off up at the shoulder, Turken sat on her right side with a dagger cutting her right arm off at the shoulder. She tried to scream out in pain but her throat had been slit.

As she bled out Erron leaned down and indulged himself on her blood.

Erron sat up, with blood dripping from his mouth and gave a smile. "I don't think this civil agent bitch can cause anymore harm."

He pushed up off of her and looked at Turk'en who threw her arm off to the side. Kyria looked at them, she tried to plead with them, to tell she wasn't what they thought she was, to beg them not to leave her. But she couldn't.

The gathered their things and left, not looking back. As she lay there, her life seeping away from her an elf appears.

"Leif." She gurgled out. She tried to reach out to him but she had no arms. Her eyes looked at him, pleading.

Leif lifted her head and rested it on his lap. He took his hands and pushed back her black hair from her face. "There is nothing I can do for you Kyria."

Suddenly Leif was knocked away and Kyria was yanked up from the ground by the front of her shirt and slammed into the a tree.

"You just don't when to die do you bitch!" Erron slammed her head into the tree.

"They're all dead, because of you!" Erron slammed her head into the tree, this time he didn't stop.

Turk'en pulled him off, Kyria slumping to the ground. She eyed up to Erron and gave a sly smile, then all went black.

Kyria woke up looking at a wall. The first thing she did was to look at her hands and feel her arms then she felt her throat. She rolled on to her back letting out a sigh of relief as she pulled the blanket that covered her up over her chest.

She stared at the ceiling, remembering. She remembered Erron and Turk'en, Leif and Aldion, she remembered them all and she remembered what her father had done.
Back to top Go down
Aldion
Hunted

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 16 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 6:14 pm

Aldion looked around, taking note of exits and possible means of getaway. He didn't notice the woman at first, and certainly had no idea of who she was. The elf eyed the riverkin, making sure he was unharmed, before answering.

"Seeing as the knighthood prizes honesty, I won't insult you with any lie or fast talking," he said with a bow. "I, milady, have no fricking clue what has happened to Miss. Fantasy, and no one has cared to explain it to me before leading me here."

"Why would you assume that I would do anything to one of my friends?"
Back to top Go down
Hunt the Dead
Tracker
Hunt the Dead

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 16 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 8:23 am

Aldion wrote:
Aldion looked around, taking note of exits and possible means of getaway. He didn't notice the woman at first, and certainly had no idea of who she was. The elf eyed the riverkin, making sure he was unharmed, before answering.

"Seeing as the knighthood prizes honesty, I won't insult you with any lie or fast talking," he said with a bow. "I, milady, have no fricking clue what has happened to Miss. Fantasy, and no one has cared to explain it to me before leading me here."

"We assume nothing elf, other than hope the Prime Minister is still alive. You were accused in public as a ruse nothing more. While I would apologize for the subterfuge, your reputation among the townsfolk means little to me. The Prime Minister's safe return is all that I care for. During the attack, she came up missing. We concocted a plan. Who better to lead the cause of finding her than Nerin Toth's greatest hero, Aldion? However we had to make sure the people of this city saw us apprehending someone, in order to avoid a riot. If they believe we caught the kidnapper, they'll believe we will find the Prime Minister.

We want to hire you, the Riverfolk, and anyone else you can find to bring her back safely. We know she is in the city, we just aren't sure where. We plan to let you "escape", and make an announcement that you returned the Prime Minister safely. By doing so, it may raise the suspicions of the thieves guilds and they may offer information.

You will be the most wanted men in Peregren. But you would be doing this city a great service," Kerin finished.
Back to top Go down
http://www.huntthedead.com
DanteMajere
Fresh Meat
DanteMajere

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 16 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 6:38 pm

Dice Roller wrote:
Aldion wrote:

"We assume nothing elf, other than hope the Prime Minister is still alive. You were accused in public as a ruse nothing more. While I would apologize for the subterfuge, your reputation among the townsfolk means little to me. The Prime Minister's safe return is all that I care for. During the attack, she came up missing. We concocted a plan. Who better to lead the cause of finding her than Nerin Toth's greatest hero, Aldion? However we had to make sure the people of this city saw us apprehending someone, in order to avoid a riot. If they believe we caught the kidnapper, they'll believe we will find the Prime Minister.

We want to hire you, the Riverfolk, and anyone else you can find to bring her back safely. We know she is in the city, we just aren't sure where. We plan to let you "escape", and make an announcement that you returned the Prime Minister safely. By doing so, it may raise the suspicions of the thieves guilds and they may offer information.

You will be the most wanted men in Peregren. But you would be doing this city a great service," Kerin finished.
[roll="d4"]Dante then walked up to Dice Roller and punched him in the face. [/roll]
Back to top Go down
Popurum
Hunted
Popurum

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 16 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 8:25 pm

Dice Roller wrote:
Aldion wrote:

"I don't think I want to work with him!" said a very upset riverfolk.

"But I suppose since you told me your plans, I'm going to HAVE to. I don't wanna be locked up, or sent to Port Skell! So I think I'm stuck..." he said in a pout.
Back to top Go down
Aldion
Hunted

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 16 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 9:08 pm

"Quite frankly mam, I don't care what these people think of me. I didn't ask to be a hero, and I don't believe I deserve to be called one. I fought beside many braver than I, including your former leader, Kargin el Tomath. Many, if not all, of them are dead." Aldion said.

"I will search for her, and possibly I know of a few others who will help. My ancestor must be allowed to leave though," Aldion said wit ha nod to Popurum, "If that is his desire."
Back to top Go down
Leif
Hunted
Leif

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 16 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 9:59 pm

Alone, in the Quarters Inn, Leif sat at a table, viewing a map. His mind was nagging at him, making it difficult to focus on the parchment before him.

The children were prepared to follow Leif to Teseron, and he was excited to take them and give them a better life...

Unfortunately, during the situation with the minotaurs and Leif helping people in the park, the aunts and uncles saw the children. They lost track of the kids in all the chaos, but returned to the park in hopes of finding them again. They found Leif talking to them. They thanked him for saving them in the park, and reuniting the children with their parents remaining family.

The children were led to a very prestigious part of the city, ready to begin their happily ever after lives with their long lost, rich, family.

"Twenty years from now, they'll be either undead or bureaucrats. Not that there's a difference," Leif said bitterly.

He sat at the table, staring at the map in a daydream. He could go anywhere in Nerin Toth. The world was his explore. All he wanted to do, was settle down. His mind went to an experience he had a few years ago at a temple...

"...Kristyn."
Back to top Go down
Craigzilla
Hunter of Dead
Craigzilla

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 16 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 4:54 am

DanteMajere wrote:
[roll="d4"]Dante then walked up to Dice Roller and punched him in the face. [/roll]

WTF???
Back to top Go down
http://www.craigdeboardart.com
Rizzen Vrinn
Hunted
Rizzen Vrinn

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 16 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 5:13 am

Leif wrote:
Alone, in the Quarters Inn, Leif sat at a table, viewing a map. His mind was nagging at him, making it difficult to focus on the parchment before him.

The children were prepared to follow Leif to Teseron, and he was excited to take them and give them a better life...

Unfortunately, during the situation with the minotaurs and Leif helping people in the park, the aunts and uncles saw the children. They lost track of the kids in all the chaos, but returned to the park in hopes of finding them again. They found Leif talking to them. They thanked him for saving them in the park, and reuniting the children with their parents remaining family.

The children were led to a very prestigious part of the city, ready to begin their happily ever after lives with their long lost, rich, family.

"Twenty years from now, they'll be either undead or bureaucrats. Not that there's a difference," Leif said bitterly.

He sat at the table, staring at the map in a daydream. He could go anywhere in Nerin Toth. The world was his explore. All he wanted to do, was settle down. His mind went to an experience he had a few years ago at a temple...

"...Kristyn."

"So....even Lehti, has lost someone close....I'm curious how that feels for someone like you," Rizzen said walking up behind Leif and then around him and sitting at the table across from him.
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 16 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 10:01 am

Kyria sat up and looked around the room she was in. It was dimly lit by a lit candle on the other side of the room. Before she could get up the latch on the door jiggled, so she laid back down and rolled to her side, facing the wall.

It was a mage with a plate of food, another followed him in carrying her clothes and weapons sitting them on a chair at the foot of her bed.

The mage with the plate of food moved over to Kyria and gently pulled some white hair back from her face, leaning over to see if her eyes were closed. He was about to try and wake her when the other mage demanded she be left be. The one reluctantly backed away and they both left her room.

Once they were gone, Kyria jumped up and put on her clothes and stowed her weapons. She gave a crooked smile, knowing they left the door unlocked for a reason, but she had better things to do than to schmooze or fight her way out.

She walked across town, through the shadows til she came to The Quarters. She looked around the room, she didn't see who she was looking for, but she did see Leif. Quickly she was in front of him and had a hold of his throat.

"Tell me Leif, where is Erron and Turk'en?" Her grip tightened "Tell me or I shall rent from your chest your heart and show it to you before your lifeless body falls at my feet." Kyria spoke in perfect common through gritted teeth.
Back to top Go down
Rizzen Vrinn
Hunted
Rizzen Vrinn

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 16 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 10:08 am

Kyria wrote:
Kyria sat up and looked around the room she was in. It was dimly lit by a lit candle on the other side of the room. Before she could get up the latch on the door jiggled, so she laid back down and rolled to her side, facing the wall.

It was a mage with a plate of food, another followed him in carrying her clothes and weapons sitting them on a chair at the foot of her bed.

The mage with the plate of food moved over to Kyria and gently pulled some white hair back from her face, leaning over to see if her eyes were closed. He was about to try and wake her when the other mage demanded she be left be. The one reluctantly backed away and they both left her room.

Once they were gone, Kyria jumped up and put on her clothes and stowed her weapons. She gave a crooked smile, knowing they left the door unlocked for a reason, but she had better things to do than to schmooze or fight her way out.

She walked across town, through the shadows til she came to The Quarters. She looked around the room, she didn't see who she was looking for, but she did see Leif. Quickly she was in front of him and had a hold of his throat.

"Tell me Leif, where is Erron and Turk'en?" Her grip tightened "Tell me or I shall rent from your chest your heart and show it to you before your lifeless body falls at my feet." Kyria spoke in perfect common through gritted teeth.

Rizzen was taken aback by the woman grabbing Leif's throat, but quickly smiled.

"Do leave some for the rest of us...I have dibs on poor Lehti here," he whispered staring hatefully at Leif the entire time.
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 16 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 10:19 am

Rizzen Vrinn wrote:
Rizzen was taken aback by the woman grabbing Leif's throat, but quickly smiled.

"Do leave some for the rest of us...I have dibs on poor Lehti here," he whispered staring hatefully at Leif the entire time.

Kyria eyed to Rizzen, "You, shut up! You betrayed me and right now I don't know if I should beholden to you or loath you for it."

She looked back at Leif "Well Leif?"
Back to top Go down
Leif
Hunted
Leif

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 16 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:03 am

Leif didn't know what was happening.

"D'nyra...?"

Leif didn't want to struggle, but he didn't know where Erron or Turk'en had gone. He wasn't interested in seeing what she'd do when he told her. A breeze came up, and suddenly, the darkling woman was gripping only air.

The breeze carried Leif to the other side of the room, where he reappeared, holding his scimitar.

"I don't know why you're so bloodthirsy, D'nyra, but it is unwarranted. I do not travel with Erron or Turk'en any longer. Where they go is their business, not mine. You'd have better luck asking him!" he said gesturing to Rizzen.
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 16 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:19 am

Leif wrote:
Leif didn't know what was happening.

"D'nyra...?"

Leif didn't want to struggle, but he didn't know where Erron or Turk'en had gone. He wasn't interested in seeing what she'd do when he told her. A breeze came up, and suddenly, the darkling woman was gripping only air.

The breeze carried Leif to the other side of the room, where he reappeared, holding his scimitar.

"I don't know why you're so bloodthirsy, D'nyra, but it is unwarranted. I do not travel with Erron or Turk'en any longer. Where they go is their business, not mine. You'd have better luck asking him!" he said gesturing to Rizzen.

Kyria fell forward when Leif traveled to the otherside of the room. She spun around and moved toward him. "Bloodthirsty? Yes, but not for any blood of any mortal. I NEED Erron and Turk'en."

She came to stand right before him. She looked to his scimitar then pulled her gaze up to Leif and looked him in the eye as she gently pushed his hand down holding the scimitar. "I - I'm sorry, Leif. Anger and deseparation got the better of me and I took it out on you. You have never done anything to harm me, in fact quite the contrary, you have helped me more times than I can count."

Kyria rested a hand on Leif's chest and let out a breath, "Forgive me Leif?"
Back to top Go down
Leif
Hunted
Leif

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 16 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:32 am

"I- I..." Leif didn't know how to react to D'ynra's advances.

"In my life, there have been two women I've loved. One, a goddess, left me many years ago. It took a long time to get over her. The second, was killed just a couple years ago.

"I'm sorry, but love is no longer available to me. I'm done putting my faith in others."
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 16 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:38 am

Leif wrote:
"I- I..." Leif didn't know how to react to D'ynra's advances.

"In my life, there have been two women I've loved. One, a goddess, left me many years ago. It took a long time to get over her. The second, was killed just a couple years ago.

"I'm sorry, but love is no longer available to me. I'm done putting my faith in others."

Kyria rested hand on the side of Leif's face, she could see the pain in his eyes. "I'm sorry Leif, but I did not leave you by choice, but I understand."

She took a step back "Just tell me where I can find Erron and Turk'en and I will be gone."
Back to top Go down
Leif
Hunted
Leif

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 16 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:51 am

"You- you never left me. It was a woman named Kyria..."

"Either way, I don't know where Turk'en or Erron are. I think they were guarding the main gate from the taurs. I was focused on the park. I don't know where they went."
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 16 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:58 am

Leif wrote:
"You- you never left me. It was a woman named Kyria..."

"Either way, I don't know where Turk'en or Erron are. I think they were guarding the main gate from the taurs. I was focused on the park. I don't know where they went."

Kyria gave a smile "I remember once, Erron and I had battled. And yet again, he slit my throat. I would have bled to death if it had not been for you. You saved me, as you did many times. You do not recognize me, because the gods of another world have an ironic sense of humor."

Kyria started for the door, "Leif...I am Kyria."...
Back to top Go down
Leif
Hunted
Leif

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 16 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 4:29 pm

Leif stood there a moment. He didn't know what to say. It didn't make sense, but then again, none of his life made sense.

"Oh... Well. I'm sorry I can't help you, Kyria. I really don't know where they are. I'm trying to disconnect myself from them. I think its time for me to pick my life back up where I left it. I really hope you find what you're after."
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 16 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 4:35 pm

"All I'm after anymore, Leif, is what is rightfully mine. Thank you, you have helped more than you realize. Good luck, Leif." Kyria left the tavern.

There was a part of her that wished things had been different, but she was what she was and there was no changing that.

Kyria headed toward the main gates...
Back to top Go down
Leif
Hunted
Leif

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 16 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 5:28 pm

Leif went and sat down at the table.

"Be happy Rizzen. You may not have to deal with me ever again."

Gazing at the map, Leif looked at northern Nerin Toth. Greyshore is on no interest to me... Leif then looked at the western coast, around Peregren and Azertath, and Port Skell. He intentionally ignored the eastern portion of the map as much as he could.

The Hulderk or Azaz Mountains, maybe? His eyes slowly slid up the map.

Chetheron Woods, Chetheron, Frozen Woods, Ft. Fiel...

"Kelfet Peak...?"
Back to top Go down
Rizzen Vrinn
Hunted
Rizzen Vrinn

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 8:35 am

Rizzen watched the exchange between the two. and saw Kyria start to show some compassion to Leif and then begin to leave The Quarters.

"Cute. A lover's reunion. Funny how you have that type of opportunity Lehti.....yet I never will," Rizzen whispered and stood.

"Kyria!" he called after her with his raspy voice, before she was out of earshot, "I know how you can find the two you're looking for......but it will cost you."
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 9:56 am

Rizzen wrote:
"Kyria!" he called after her with his raspy voice, before she was out of earshot, "I know how you can find the two you're looking for......but it will cost you."

Kyria stopped hearing Rizzen call out her name, but only turned and moved up on him when he said it would cost her. She glared up at him. "Cost me? Cost me?! You betrayed me, but your aid will cost me? Aren't you the court jester. Thanks but no."

Kyria glanced over at Leif then back to Rizzen with a sly crooked smile then took her leave.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Fall of The City
Page 16 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next