Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My First Children's Picture Book!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nebulous
Fresh Meat

My First Children's Picture Book! Empty
PostSubject: My First Children's Picture Book!   My First Children's Picture Book! EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 4:08 pm

Hello Everyone,

I'm in the process of trying to create awareness for my first children's picture book titled "My Favorite Children's Poems" which is scheduled to be due out this fall although I don't have the specified release date as of yet and will keep you posted. The book is being published and offered through Authorhouse for $7.60 USD (shipping extra) and at a suggested chain price of $12.49 USD. It is a 28 page book consisting of 2 fully illustrated poems of five pages each with the text on the opposite facing pages of the illustrations and two poems centred on their own separate pages. The cover art for the book can be found at http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=268554494&albumId=1311566
and the text only content of the book can be found at http://www.road2discovery.ca click on forum and then find the poetry and writing column and click on the thread directly to the right titled "My First Children's Book Final Manuscript"

I hope that you enjoy the work and may consider picking up a copy when it comes out, although I realize that the shipping cost for the book will make things difficult and to that extent I will be doing my best to try to convince physical stores to carry the book but I know that this will take some time and doing. It is to this extent that I will be humbly requesting people who are interested in the book to possibly request stores to carry it so that shipping will become less and less of an issue!

I wish everyone all the best with your future endeavors and look forward to being in touch.

with warmest regards,

Samir.

Cool
Back to top Go down
Craigzilla
Hunter of Dead
Craigzilla

PostSubject: Re: My First Children's Picture Book!   My First Children's Picture Book! EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 8:24 am

Hey Sammy,

Look into getting an ISBN. Most stores wont carry it without one. Also what the target age demographic? My kids are 6, 9, going on 12.
Back to top Go down
http://www.craigdeboardart.com
nebulous
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Thanks 4 The Helpful Suggestion!   My First Children's Picture Book! EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 9:43 am

Hello Craig,

thank you very much for your suggestion about the ISBN number--you're absolutely right that most stores won't carry it without one. Fortunately, I have that covered. The book will also be indexed by Ingrams and should be made available via computer search engines such as google, however, that will happen about 30-45 days after the book has been printed (as far as my understanding). the book also has a library of congress number. I believe that online stores will be able to order them at the public's request and it may actually be most cost effective ordering it through places like Amazon where people can take advantage of the free shipping if more than $39 dollars worth of stuff is bought. Unfortunately, buying from Author house may not be as cost effective because the shipping cost per book doesn't come down unless lots of about 25 are ordered and that would run someone into a hundred plus dollars (I will have to get further clarification on this)--grr the shipping cost for a single book would be anywhere from $6.90-$7.00 as far as what I have been told, bringing the total cost from Authorhouse at around $14.50-$14.60.

In regards to demographics, this book is for the most part suitable for children as young as infants to high end 7 maybe 8--9 would be a stretch although I believe anyone can really enjoy it. There are two poems which are definitely for younger readers (the illustrated ones--one, two,...five Wonderful Wizards for younger children and When I Was Knee High for a little older ones) The other two non-illustrated poems (Forgiveness and Cosmic Reflections) are a little more advanced. If you have any other suggestions, I will warmly welcome them as this is all new to me and i definitely have a lot to learn! Thanks once again and I look forward to being in touch.

with warmest regards,

Samir
Back to top Go down
nebulous
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: "My Favorite Children's Poems" Now Available At Authorhouse!   My First Children's Picture Book! EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 11:16 am

Hello Everyone,

"My Favorite Children's Poems" is now available at http://www.authorhouse.com click on bookstore and then look for children's fiction click on it and scroll through and you will see it listed for $7.60 (USD), once again shipping is extra and as to my knowledge will be around $6.90-$7.00 (USD) depending on where you live. I actually received my author's copy yesterday, not knowing what to expect in terms of the overall quality and quite honestly I was blown away by it! The cover is fairly durable and nicely laminated and the interior pages are printed on acid free paper and extremely well inked and fairly sturdy. For anyone who has any doubts about Authorhouse as a publisher to this extent can be rest assured that they deliver one heck of a quality product-something that I will stand and give my stamp of approval, in which I don't do very easily! I am definitely very pleased and delighted with the book and think that you will be too!

I hope that you may consider picking up a copy of the book and will be greatly appreciative and humbled if you do. I wish everyone all the very best with your endeavors and look forward to keeping in touch within these forums. Take care and keep well.

with warmest regards,

Samir.

Cool
Back to top Go down
nebulous
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: 5 Listed Copies Available At Amazon.com!   My First Children's Picture Book! EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 am

Hello Everyone,

for anyone who is interested in purchasing a copy of "My Favorite Children's Poems" there are five available listed copies from Amazon.com. The book qualifies for the super saving discount so if there are any other books that you are interested in nabbing at the same time it will definitely be better than having to pay $6.90-$7.00 on each individual book--grrr! The book will make an ideal Christmas gift for any young ones you may know. Please pick up a copy today-I greatly appreciate your support!

with warmest regards,

Samir Goel

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My First Children's Picture Book!   My First Children's Picture Book! Empty

Back to top Go down

My First Children's Picture Book!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Hunt the Dead :: Closed Threads-
Jump to: