Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Dead Will Hunt

Go down 
+14
Aelemar
Hunt the Dead
Popurum
Draylas Redoran
miklbane
Ariella
Asia
Aldion
Saliith Shadow scale
Hellcat
Onni Scaletail
Zachy
DacenTainer
Craigzilla
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Craigzilla
Hunter of Dead
Craigzilla

The Dead Will Hunt Empty
PostSubject: The Dead Will Hunt   The Dead Will Hunt EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 10:25 pm

OK so here's the deal for those who don't know....

We have COMPLETELY started over our roleplaying.

Why? You ask.

What happened to Erron? Did Turk'en and Kyria ever fall in love? What about Leif and his mission of becoming the preacher of a church filled with small woodland creatures and his love affair with sheep?

What about Captain Hellcat and her amazing games of strip poker?

Well here the thing. We have books now. They can all be read for FREE on the Hunt the Dead site (www.huntthedead.com). Given that those books have characters that we've roleplayed with for a long time, it's time to let those characters shine in the books and for us to play all new characters. So here's how it is.

You may NOT play a character from one of the books. The events in the roleplaying threads happen at the same time as the events in the books (or at least close to it). The events from the roleplaying threads will NOT effect the books (however, given that the books are the main source of canon for our history they do have the potential to effect the roleplaying threads).

As of this writing, the book series is up to Issue #3 (you better get to reading and catch up LOL). So all roleplaying threads will always start at the end of whatever the current issue of the book series is. For example since we are up to Issue #3, this thread will start up where #3 leaves off. Since the books come out on a weekly basis on Fridays, in two weeks we will see #5. If someone starts a thread then, then their thread would start up where #5 leaves off.

Does this mean you have to read the book series?

No.

You don't have to read anything you don't want to. But don't way we didn't warn you if you're confused about the history of Nerin Toth or it's races or factions or cities or whatever. Because all important information will be in the book series.

So with ALL of that said and done lets get this thread under way.

I ask that everyone who plays posts their character here first for approval. If you've never done it before it's not hard. Just fill in the blanks. Below is my character. Just basically replace my information for my character with information for your own character.

Name: Sarek
Race: Darkling
Faction: Civil Agent of the Blood / Blood Mage
Hair: White, long.
Eyes: Green

Weapons: Sarek carries a long halberd polearm and throwing daggers.
Armor: Sarek where black leather armor, with bits of cloth armor as well. It's not as protective as normal leather armor, but it affords him more maneuverability.

Companion: Sarek has a small white ferret as a companion named Zazzaz.

History: Sarek was born and raised in Peregren and took up the very forbidden and illegal art of blood magic. How he became a Civil Agent of the Blood is a mystery.

Back to top Go down
http://www.craigdeboardart.com
DacenTainer
Hunted
DacenTainer

The Dead Will Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead Will Hunt   The Dead Will Hunt EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 10:34 pm

Name: Darian Darkbane
Race: Human
Faction: None
Hair: Brown, emo styled
Eyes: Purple

Weapons: Darian carries a bow with magical arrows in it
Armor: Darian wears a green human hunter outfit with light plated armor on it
Companion: A small rat on his shoulder that helps him see and can speak to him. Darian can also speak with other animals who will sometimes listen to him.

History: Darian was abandoned as a child, and found my a wolf. As he was raised he found an old ring with the abilities of a wolf in them and kept the ring. This ring has the power to morph him into a wolf, he can morph back anytime. He grew up and eventually went to trips in town occasionally. Which is also where he got his hunter outfit. (noeone knows where he found his bow) Darian was blinded when citizens of the town discovered he was a druid and attacked him, injuring his eye-site in the process making him completely blind. He now wears a cloth over his eyes and has trained himself to use his other sences in combat
Back to top Go down
Zachy
Survivor
Zachy

The Dead Will Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead Will Hunt   The Dead Will Hunt EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 10:57 pm

Name: Lucian

Race: Human

Faction: None

Hair: Brown, slightly wavy and rather long (in the profile pic)

Eyes: Brownish colored eye's

Weapons: Lucian has longsword, it was his father's so it has great meaning to him. Another big weapon he has is his ability to shape shift into a werewolf like beast. BUT HE IS NOT A WEREWOLF! this happened due to a curse that was placed on him as young man, when he changes he stands around 6,7 with black fur he can stand on two legs or all fours, a wolf snout. Basically a bad ass wolf like monster thing. He changes under great pain and anger. In this form he can use his teeth, brute strength and claws. He also has a large over sized Dwarven magnum, capable of blowing a man's head clean off.

Armor: Lucian wears trench coat, lined on the inside with a light strong elven chain mail. This coat is black. He also wear's leather black pants lined with the same elven chain mail.

History: Lucian was born and raised by his father in location unknown in the woods somewhere. Lucian was cursed around the age of 17 by a witch, she cursed him so that in times of great anger or pain he will shape shift into werewolf like beast, but he is not to be confused with werewolf's. All though most people believe him to be one so he is shunned by most feared by others.

Companion: He has grizzly bear that he appropriately named "Bear" he has proven to be a loyal friend and battle partner.
Back to top Go down
Onni Scaletail
Fresh Meat
Onni Scaletail

The Dead Will Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead Will Hunt   The Dead Will Hunt EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 11:06 pm

Name: Onni Scaletail
Race: Aniver (Reptilian/ Lizard)
Faction: Unaligned
Scales: Green on the back and the outer areas of the body. Turquoise on the inner areas of the body.
Eyes: Fun to creep others out with.

Weapons: Onni is pretty gentle with other people, preferring not to fight. However, when it comes to undead, he wants to help exterminate them from Nerin Toth. To help him in his fight he brawls with these:

The Dead Will Hunt Fist_b11

Armor: The lizard prefers light leather armor, but he is rather paranoid about being bit. He wears light chainmail to cover most of his torso, arms, and legs. At the soft points behind the knees, elbows, and even around the base of his tail, he wears flimsy leather padding. The only parts of him that is not covered is his head, tail, and feet. He also relies heavily on being able to move quickly.

History: Onni was born in the Toi Swamp. He isn't sure how he survived, but somehow he was given shelter, as a young hatchling, to Peregren. There he followed the Knights of Tomath. He acted as their squire when they allowed, but he was for the most part excluded. He found one knight that agreed to teach Onni to use the fist blades. During an attack from undead, the knight was killed and Onni was given the fist blades.

Currently, Onni travels to find others willing to help cut down the massive hordes of the undead. He hopes to one day see the last zombie struck down.
Back to top Go down
Craigzilla
Hunter of Dead
Craigzilla

The Dead Will Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead Will Hunt   The Dead Will Hunt EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 11:33 pm

Sarek made his way through the bustling streets of Greyshore. It was night time. It was always night time in Nerin Toth. Nerin Toth this cursed land. Nerin Toth this hell. Nerin Toth this watering hole for the damned.

Greyshore was one of the few safe cities. Calling it safe though was certainly no accurate description. Acaetus Nimius was reported to be in town. Which meant only one thing. Someone was going to die.

The assassins known as Acaetus Nimius weren't known to fail. Ever. And with Sarek's profession being what it was, it was more than likely possible that the assassins would be hunting him.

Sarek walked into the barter shop. Greyshore had many barter shops. While some places still aceepted gold as currency, many had taken up the trading of goods as payment instead. This barter shop in particular was one well known in Greyshore. Rustlefink Crowquill, the halfling butcher, was known to be able to obtain rare meats from time to time. And if Sarek could obtain the ingredient needed for his spell, he would be able to leave Greyshore without Acaetus Nimius noticing.

"Do you have it?" Sarek whispered to Rustlefink.

"Yep. You did what I asked for this deal to go down right?" the halfling replied.

"Yes."

"Good. Hear you go. One pint of reptilian aniver blood. Enjoy," the halfling said handing over a jar of the red liquid.

Sarek quickly left the shop.

Onni awoke in the back finding himself tied to a chair with a tube stabbed into his neck and blood pouring out of it. How did he get here? He couldn't remember. Whoever brought him here though certainly didn't know how to tie someone up correctly.

Darian and Lucian ran. They didn't know each other. All they knew was they were as good as dead if they got caught.

"THEY WENT THIS WAY!" the mercenary yelled chasing the two of them through the streets of Greyshore. Darian and Lucian could easily defeat the group of 6 mercenaries. But they knew if they were to fight, then they would have an even harder time explaining that they never killed that poor small girl in that abandoned grain mill on the other side of town.

"You'll pay for what you did you sick bastards!" one of the mercenaries yelled behind them.

All Darian and Lucian knew was that someone named Sarek ratted them out....for something they didn't do.

They ran and found themselves inside a barter shop. A halfling salesman scurried away from them.

"Don't kill me! I can get Sarek more aniver blood!" he screamed in fear.

The mercenaries were coming. There was only one place to hide.....the back room where Onni was.

Yes Greyshore was a town full of excitement.

But it wasn't the things that happened in town that most people talked about. it was what happened outside of the walls that surrounded the town. The constant slaughter of anyone captured by the undead.
Back to top Go down
DacenTainer
Hunted
DacenTainer

The Dead Will Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead Will Hunt   The Dead Will Hunt EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 11:41 pm

Darian quickly grabbed Lucian by the arm, pulling him behind a corner as the Mercinaries ran in, it wasnt much time until they ran back there.
Darian quickly put his ring on and turned into a wolf, waiting for the mercinaries to come. As they ran around the corner he quickly jumped into the air, now in wolf form, and roared loudly as he charged at them, hoping they would be scared.
Back to top Go down
Onni Scaletail
Fresh Meat
Onni Scaletail

The Dead Will Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead Will Hunt   The Dead Will Hunt EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 11:52 pm

Onni felt the back of his hands and arms at what bound them. They were very loose. Worse, they never removed Onni's fist blades. With a gentle release, and some gentle maneuvering, the blades cut straight through the binds. Once free, his first task was to cut some cloth to place over his neck wound. He felt a little groggy from blood loss, but was ready to get out of his shoddy prison.

He retracted the blades into the fists' slots, and was about to proceed out to the main room with the cloth still placed over the neck. However, he heard some noises similar to fighting, and a roar.

Eh, I've no mood for circuses, he thought to himself, making a small hissing noise. He looked below him to see a door to a basement. He casually opened the floor's door and headed down. Hopefully, there was a cellar door leading out to the outside. If not, he'd have to wait till the ruckus stopped.

He was not vengeful, but he was not in a very hospitable mood either.
Back to top Go down
Zachy
Survivor
Zachy

The Dead Will Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead Will Hunt   The Dead Will Hunt EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 12:10 am

Lucian didn't want any trouble....not yet, he needed to avoid confrontation his curse would almost for a fact take effect and displaying it publicly would do no good. As the Darian turned into a wolf and lept over the counter Lucian thought for a moment and looked at the door in front of him.

He heard the creaking of another door. And for a moment he thought about staying but figured Darian was more trouble then he was worth. So Lucian stood leaving Darian to figure out his own problems he entered the room spotting blood a clear plastic tube, a chair and cut ropes. He followed a shadow down into the figure and spotted the reptile.

Lucian didn't think twice he tackle the reptile to the ground with the huge Dwarven magnum to his head. He then looked at him for a moment and holstered it.

"Sorry, about that you cant be to careful." stated Lucian as he helped the reptile to his feet.

He then looked at the locked cellar door, and frowned slightly. He then pulled out the pistol once again and blew the lock and nearly half the door apart. He then stepped through and looked back at the lizard man.

" Are you coming or not?" he said.

"Or by the way 6 men are hunting me because they think I murdered a young girl, but I didn't I swear!." he said a little afraid of how the lizard would take that.

Lucian looked back through the door still hearing the wolf's echo outside the cellar door was his Bear almost as if it was waiting for him. On his back were supplies needed for survival some water and tent supplies.

He sighed, knowing running would only make matters worse. He looked at the lizard again.

" you are in more trouble then me I take it, head northeast with bear here and pitch camp. I will find you within a day or so, good luck." he said as he turned back through the main gate of the city he held the Magnum above his head and fired twice.

All the commotion stopped including the Mercenary group. Lucian looked at everyone slightly one woman shouted so load he wondered if the undead were alerted

"It's the werewolf!" she bellowed.

Lucian grit his teeth, he hated that word. He held his hands up after holstering his weapon. He stared directly at the Mercenary men.

"neither I nor this foolish boy here killed that little girl, now I demand a fair trial. Or I could kill every single one of you and hang your corpses from the gallow's," he growled through his teeth.
Back to top Go down
Craigzilla
Hunter of Dead
Craigzilla

The Dead Will Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead Will Hunt   The Dead Will Hunt EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 12:22 am

"AHH! A WOLF!" one of the mercenaries screamed and swung his club smacking Darian right in the snout.

Darian tumbled to the floor and the mercenaries started beating him with clubs.

"Thing scared the shit out of me!" one of the guards yelled while beating Darian.

BLAM! BLAM! Lucian's shots fired into the air.

The human made his statement. Everyone stared at him for a moment.

SHUNK!

Lucian let out a yell as an arrow stuck out of the top of his head. It didn't sink in deep enough to kill him, or even to harm him, but it was deep enough to be lodged to wear it just couldn't simply be pulled out.

Guards rushed at Lucian drawing swords. Lots of guards.

Onni was with Bear.

"Quite a commotion they caused hey?" came the whispering voice. Making sure they had privacy, Sarek stepped from the shadows. He held the jar of blood.

"Yes this is yours. By all rights its rightfully mine now. I traded fairly for it. Don't blame me, blame the halfling. Here it won't work anyways. I was hoping to be able to camouflage myself with your blood's properties so I could leave the city like a chameleon can. Apparently I can't. Tell me, what would I need to do to procure your services to help me leave Greyshore unnoticed?"
Back to top Go down
DacenTainer
Hunted
DacenTainer

The Dead Will Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead Will Hunt   The Dead Will Hunt EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 12:25 am

Darian morphed back into a human, barely reaching his back and pulling out an arrow.

"N-Naur!" Darian shouted as the arrow exploded in fire, bursting the mercinaries outfits and hair on fire.
Back to top Go down
Onni Scaletail
Fresh Meat
Onni Scaletail

The Dead Will Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead Will Hunt   The Dead Will Hunt EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 12:34 am

Onni looked at the darkling for a minute, then at the vial of Onni's blood. The darkling asked for Onni's services, and he was prepared to tell the man to go play doctor with the bear. However, Onni already woke up once in someone's backroom, and he figured the darkling would have no qualms about doing it.

Onni then gave a sigh. He still had the cloth to his neck. He checked it one last time. The blood had clotted and he threw the cloth into a pocket.

"I hate mammals," he said openly to the dark skinned man. However, perhaps he could get something out this darkling. He looked around for ideas. The ursa snorted next to Onni.

The lizardman felt his armor. The leather was getting worn out...

He turned to the darkling.

In a raspy, reptilian accent, he said, "Kill the bear."

He even gestured towards the large animal, in case the stupid mammal needed directions.
Back to top Go down
Zachy
Survivor
Zachy

The Dead Will Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead Will Hunt   The Dead Will Hunt EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 12:53 am

Lucian reared his head back in massive amounts of pain. He glared around he fell to his knee's lightly tugging on the arrow. When it wouldn't move he snapped it in half and stumbled back out of the gate seeing the lizard point at the bear.

"GAHHH! YOU LEAVE HIM ALONE!" he shouted as another arrow went through his shoulder.

"AH MOTHER FUCKER!" he cursed the sky's ripping the arrow from his shoulder.

As Onni and Sarek were distracted with Lucian's shouting. The Bear lunged knocking the lizard to the ground his force easily pushing him over. He then stood on his hind legs and roared and swiped at Sarek, he dove being light on his feet the claw's grazing the side of his face and back lightly.

Meanwhile Lucian was on his knee's dealing with his pain and anger, he was struggling and it was coming the curse. He felt the beast beckoning to overtake him once again. He was breathing heavy at this point as he began to yell his yeals turning into howls.

The guard's rushed him and he was in trouble. He got the beast under control and drew his longsword at the guard. The bear figured Lucian needed some help so he nudged the lizard with his nose getting him to his sense's.

"Hey Lizard, im sorry about the bear but, you did threaten him and he likes to care for himself when he need's too." Lucian explained as he the guards began to circle him.

"Now how about some help, I did get you out of the cellar after all." he stated.

One of the guard's lunged and Lucian ducked under the he man impaling his longsword in his thigh purpously not killing him. The other's stepped back for a second.
Back to top Go down
Onni Scaletail
Fresh Meat
Onni Scaletail

The Dead Will Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead Will Hunt   The Dead Will Hunt EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 1:22 am

Onni got to his feet after the bear got off him.

"BAH, this is not my battle!" he said through furious, raspy tones. The lizard took a breath, having been knocked down took a little wind out of him. However, he almost laughed when the man said he rescued Onni. Onni has never been saved by a mammal!

He simply turned away, and started off on his own again. He did not need the darkling, the humans, or the damn bear. He only hoped the darkling would get distracted and forget about poor Onni.

The aniver tried his best to slip away from the battle. If the guards were to question him, he'd tell the truth. He has yet to break any laws, and he has his neck wound and the cloth as evidence that he was the innocent victim.

Onni was a fair lizard, and would not pursue charges of these mammals, so long as he could be given peace!

His mind was beating at the thought of those infuriating hair-lickers. He started walking straight for the nearest tavern.

He chuckled to himself at the terrible, and cruel methods of torture they might use on those humans, and that bear.
Back to top Go down
Zachy
Survivor
Zachy

The Dead Will Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead Will Hunt   The Dead Will Hunt EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 1:56 pm

Lucian cursed the lizard's name as he wandered away as if nothing was wrong. As if he didn't care, which he didn't. Lucian then focused his attention the guards.

"I DIDN'T KILL THE GIRL!" he yelled angrily at the men slowly closing in on him.

He shoved his sword in the foot of the guard across from him. No need to kill them if they don't need to die. After all there doing the job.

Lucian kicked the guard in the gut that was closing in on him from behind. Knocking the wind out of him.

There was nothing he could do, he was outnumbered, the guard's had silver swords and silver maces. All so easy to believe the rumor's.

Lucian tried bursting through the group as a sword caught his stomach hooking through and out his back. fit's and club's descended upon him.

"I DIDN'T KILL HER! I DIDN'T KILL HER!" he repeatedly shouted as he fell to his knee's. Still being beaten.

A guard shouted as the Bear crashed into the group. Clawing one across the face tearing it nearly off. He grabbed a second guard by the collar bone with his powerful jaws tossing him to a tree like a rag doll shattering his spine instantly on impact.

The Bear was shot with a Arrow dipped in poison, he soon fell unconscious.

Lucian was shackled and pulled through town by the two men and tossed in the dungeon. It took 6 and a wagon to barley pull the bear he was tossed into the dungeon as well.

The city folk looked on as rumor's continued to spread of the werewolf's capture.

How blind these people were so quick to judge, they were all wrong, all wrong.

Back to top Go down
DacenTainer
Hunted
DacenTainer

The Dead Will Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead Will Hunt   The Dead Will Hunt EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 2:20 pm

Darian got away from the pile of dead mercinaries and quickly rushed for the door but stopped to see Lucian dragged away by guards.
"Shit.." He said to himself as he quickly dashed outside and climbed to the roof, crouching down until the guards were gone except for a couple.
Darian quickly leapt from roof to roof until he lept onto the gate, seeing only 2 guards outside guarding, he quickly pulled out his bow. and aimed at the guards
"khelek" he said as he shot an arrow in between the 2 guards, as ice quickly spread out around the floor and wrapped around the guards from head to toe, freezing them in blocks of ice, Darian lept down onto the ground and hurried away from the town.
Back to top Go down
Craigzilla
Hunter of Dead
Craigzilla

The Dead Will Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead Will Hunt   The Dead Will Hunt EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 3:15 pm

During all of the confusion, Sarek slipped away unnoticed, which was fine with him. If it mean Acaetus Nimius lost track of where he was, all the better.

He made it to the nearest tavern. It was a busy night, as most nights were. Greyshore was one of the few relatively safe cities from the undead, with it's strong iron and stone walls, but people were still on their guard. However most nights, people went to the tavers. with most taverns being in the middle of the city, the undead outside of the walls of the city didn't usually hear the happenings in the center of town. It was one place people could relax. Or rather they should be able to relax. unfortunately for most people in Greyshore, the undead were on the outside....and rival factions frequents the taverns on the inside.

Sarek saw Onni enter the tavern.

"Damn," he thought.

He quickly made his way to the aniver.

"So we keep running into each other?" he whispered.

Sarek ALWAYS whispered. He had a theory. If one yells, people don't listen. But if one is quiet, they tend to listen even harder to make sure they didn't miss anything.

"Tell me, aniver, how would you like some employment? Make some gold? Perhaps....see the world?" Sarek asked in his whispering voice as the two stood in the midst of the crowded bar.

Meanwhile.....

The guards drug Lucian through the streets.

"TIME FOR A HANGING!" one of them shouted.

Another kicked Lucian in the chin as he was drug.

Meanwhile.....

Darian escaped the city unnoticed....and soon realized the mess he found himself in. After landing outside of the walls of the city, he quickly remembered a rumor he had heard since coming into this town.....no one gets in without prior approval of The Councilship first.

Darian didn't know who the councilship was, let alone where to find them. All he knew was that getting back in would be no easy chore. Especially since guards manned the walls and gate.

It was at this point Darian noticed he wasn't alone outside of the walls.

He looked around and saw a massive crowd of zombies standing near the walls. None had noticed him yet. One wrong move though and they would.

He had no way to get back in.....and who knew what awaited him in the wild apocalyptic lands of Nerin Toth.

Meanwhile......

"THERE'S GOING TO BE A HANGING!" a man yelled running into the tavern.

Before Onni could reply to Sarek, people rushed out of the tavern to see what all the fuss was. Lucian was hefted onto a horse, and with his wrists shackled with solid iron manacles behind him, a noose was placed around his neck.

"YOU WILL BE HANGED TO DEATH AND THEN FIRED UPON WITH SILVER BULLETS! DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY FOR YOURSELF?" the guard shouted at Lucian.

Not giving Lucian the chance to answer, the drugged and poisoned bear lay on the ground nearby.

"FIRST HIS COMPANION, THE WERE-BEAR! IT IS LIKELY HIS WIFE AND MUST BE KILLED AS WELL BEFORE THEY MATE!" the guard yelled.

The crowd cheered.

"I need him," Sarek whispered to Onni as they watched events unfold, "rescue him and meet me upstairs in the attic of the tavern with him. I couldn't care less if they kill the bear though or not. Do this, and I'll make it worth your while," Sarek finished and walked back to the tavern.

The guards all pulled out muskets and aimed them at the drowsy drugged bear.

"READY!" the guard shouted.

"AIM!" he yelled again.

BLAM!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Onni Scaletail
Fresh Meat
Onni Scaletail

The Dead Will Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead Will Hunt   The Dead Will Hunt EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 4:25 pm

Onni could already smell the food and drink coming from the tavern. He wanted to eat and drink to help him get over his donation of blood. He was just about to step inside when one of the mammals approached him.

The darkling that had purchased his blood in the first place. At the sight of Sarek, and after he heard the whispered words, Onni made a very audible hiss.

The lizard was just about to remark that he had no interest in the ugly mammal's perversion with scallies, but before he could say anything they were interrupted.

The mammalian guards were giving the mammalian bear lover a once in a life time ride on a mammalian horse. While Onni hated Lucien, he was against public displays of violence.

The darkling whispered his proposal to the lizardman, and headed into the inn. Onni had no real interest in working with any of these mammals. He's been in groups before, and they only end up fighting each other, rather than dealing with the real problem in the world.

Besides, Lucien did fight the guards. And what use was he to the darkling? The darkling should get his work done himself.

Onni let out another hiss in irritation.

Above the roar and cheers of the crowd, Onni called out in his raspy voice.

"FOOLS!"

The crowd's cheers became hushed whispers of confusion. They wondered who this lizard was, and what he was doing interrupting their execution party. Still, the lizard calmly walked towards the horse-mounted human.

"You think this man is just ANY werewolf? You forget what awaits outside this city's wall! While you mammals think he is just some everyday, run-of-the-mill werewolf, he is infected!

"The blood that makes him a lycanthrope masks his mutation! This beast of damnation cannot be killed by mere silver weapons! No! He must be taken back to where that bastard of a necromancer conjured him! The only place this monster can truly die, is none other that the horrible Toi Swamp!

"Fortunately, for your city, I have tracked my query down," as Onni spoke above the crowd, he moved closer to the horse and unwilling rider. For additional effect, when the lizard accented the "I" he released the blades of his one arm. With the blade released, he cut the rope around Lucien's neck.

With a hard tug on the "werewolf's" new "leash," Lucien was pulled off the horse and fell onto the ground at Onni's reptilian feet.

Lucein looked up at Onni just in time to see a grin. Onni then retracted the blades, and simply punched the mammal. With the added weight of the blade contraption, Onni easily knocked Lucien out.

"I am sorry to take your kill from you, Sheriff, but I assure you, that this is best for the rest of Nerin Toth. We can not allow this monster's mutation to spread. It is good you killed the bear. (Even though Onni knew the bear was in fact a male; having been wrestled to the ground gave him this clarity). My companions and I are tasked with taking this beast back to the swamp.

"If you would allow us to take the bear with us, we can further see that the mutation is not just quarantined, but made extinct. I will need the bear on a wagon with a steed, if you'd please. Your blasts may have killed it, but with these mutations, none may be too careful, yes?"

Onni felt good about his huge fib. And it certainly felt good dragging the man off the horse and smacking him. Plus, now Onni was going to get his bear-leather armor!

Perhaps the darkling could be useful after all. Onni gathered the unconscious Lucien over his shoulder and proceeded to the inn.

"I will keep this one near me in my room until we are ready to leave. You can be assured this monster will never harm another little girl, again."
Back to top Go down
Craigzilla
Hunter of Dead
Craigzilla

The Dead Will Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead Will Hunt   The Dead Will Hunt EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 4:54 pm

"Of course....we must stop the spread of infection!" the captain of the guard shouted as if it were his own idea.

In reality Bear had not been killed. As Onni had yelled "FOOLS!" it distracted the gunmen and one shot rang out BLAM! and had missed the bear, thus causing the crowd to turn to stare at the reptillian aniver.

Onni gave his speach.

The captain of the guard shouted orders for a wagon to be procured and arrangements were soon underway to send "Onni, Savior of Greyshore" into the wilds toward Toi Swamp.

A few guards assisted with he bear and Onni drug Lucian by his leash up to a room at the top of the tavern. After the guards left, Sarek came down from the attic to Onni's room and knocked softly on the door.

Onni answered.

"Clever," whispered the darkling striding in and looking back behind him to make sure no one saw him.

"Now then, we will use the wagon to hide me, while you take our "infected" friend out of the city. Once we leave the city we will part ways and you will do whatever it is you choose to do with the bear and dog here," Sarek whispered nodding at Bear and Lucian.

"Now then, what is your price for all of this?" he softly asked the aniver.
Back to top Go down
Zachy
Survivor
Zachy

The Dead Will Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead Will Hunt   The Dead Will Hunt EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 5:02 pm

OOC: I'm typing this through my phone so excuse any grammer issues.

Name: An'Zaw Grey Throat
Race: reptile aniver
Hair: spikey with beads at the bace of each rather large spike
Faction: unaligned
Eyes: green lizard eyes

Weapons: An'Zaw use's two short sword that are straped on each side of his belt. Next to those swords are two daggers. He relies on quick speed and agilty to fight the undead and occasionaly humans.

Armor: An'zaw wears very little armor, that wich he does are black cloth robes lined with leather for some protection.

History: An'zaw Grey Throat has very little friends he is very kind and rather excited around aniver or lizard's like him, he actually know's Lucian quite well do to lucian freeing him from unjust causes, you could say they are friends but An'zaw has a racist problem if your a lizard great, if your a anvier great, if you not one of this two....bad. his scales are red every were with blue along the top of his tail, on his cheeks and across his chest. Its a secret why his last name is Grey throat
..........................................................................................................................................................................

An'zaw saw this whole seen unfold in the town square and he was quite amuzed by this public display he was even more glad to see the lizard and shocked to see lucian.

He walked up to the lizard as he was holding lucian by the lesh and hissed as his spoke in that raspy reptile accent that Onni new immeadtly.

" ah how refreashing it is two seen one like myself, you could almost say were brothers." He said as he stood next to him.

He looked down and frowned slightly. " that man saved me many years ago, I hate mammals but he is a good man, I would like to know if you could possibly...let me stick with you, for company and lucian's sake." He hissed smileing slightly.

He moved his hands ever so dramatic towards the inn and said to Onni "After you, friend."
Back to top Go down
Onni Scaletail
Fresh Meat
Onni Scaletail

The Dead Will Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead Will Hunt   The Dead Will Hunt EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 5:07 pm

"You're sticking me with this bag of fur?" Onni was about to protest, but merely shrugged. He'd abandon the wolf somewhere, and be done with it.

"Bah, I don't need any payment. I just did it to get you off my back. All I want is to exterminate undead, and live in peace!

"If you have anything that'll help me cut down undead faster and easier, then that is all I need. Otherwise, I wish to just be left alone by you damn, dirty, apes."
Back to top Go down
Craigzilla
Hunter of Dead
Craigzilla

The Dead Will Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead Will Hunt   The Dead Will Hunt EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 5:25 pm

"I believe I have a perfect tool for you to kill hundreds of undead, but I can't get it for you until we leave the city," Sarek whispered.

A knock hit the door of the room.

Sarek ducked back behind the door and drew a dagger.

Onni answered it slowly.

It was a barmaid.

"Sir Onni, Savior of Greyshore, the captain of the guard says that your wagon is ready for you and waiting outside."

The barmaid left.

Onni, An'zaw and a few guards loaded Lucian and Bear into the wagon. While Onni kept the crowd busy, proclaiming to rid greyshore of the mutated infection or some such nonsense, Sarek snuck into the back of the wagon un-noticed.

Onni and An'zaw climbed onto the front of the wagon and rode out of town in a parade like fashion to cheers of happiness and adoration.

The gates opened for them and they rode out.

The gates slammed shut behind them.

"Yep.....they're dead," the captain of the guard said and the townsfolk laughed.
Back to top Go down
Zachy
Survivor
Zachy

The Dead Will Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead Will Hunt   The Dead Will Hunt EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 5:45 pm

An'Zaw looked over at Onni then at the back of the wagon he wapped lucian on the back and laughed An'zaw was one to make jokes, even in the most dire situations.

"Aye, wolf man" he knew he was fast asleep. He did his best interptation of a howl but it was a raspy yell more or less lake ohhhhhh.

He then turned back looking at Onni, he know knew his name.

"Well Onni, if it means anything I would like to continue travling with you, we can dump lucian if you wish, I would like to say goodbye before we did so. Or he can stay with us, if you can get past all that warm blood and hair." An'Zaw spoke as he glanced at undead far off looking at the wagon slightly.
Back to top Go down
Onni Scaletail
Fresh Meat
Onni Scaletail

The Dead Will Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead Will Hunt   The Dead Will Hunt EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 5:58 pm

It was becoming clear, that Onni should never have disclosed his name to the others. It can only be used against his nerves. This new lizard caused two problems for Onni. He couldn't keep hating mammals just because they were mammals anymore, cause he was hating this reptile, too. Also, An'Zaw was friends with the wolfman. If Lucien ever wanted to get chummy with Onni, word might spread to Greyshore that it was a lie.

A low grumble came from Onni. He stared ahead in a frown. Then An'Zaw started 'howling.'

"Hush you fool!" whispered Onni. "We're among the undead now! You wanna alert them to us?

"The only reason you're following me is so you couldn't blow our cover back there. You sure as hell better be a decent zombie killer, or your scaly ass is on its own! I just want the darkling's weapon, then I'm headed to Peregren. Speaking of whom..."

Onni stopped the cart, and tapped at the back.

"It's clear darkling. Now what is this weapon you told me about?"
Back to top Go down
Zachy
Survivor
Zachy

The Dead Will Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead Will Hunt   The Dead Will Hunt EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 6:11 pm

An'Zaw nodded and whispered in a strong reptile accent.

"Sure thing, you need to understand something Onni, me and my friend here are good at killing undead, real good so let us tag along with you and we won't get in the way, and don't act like I've. Known him as a hacthling! He saved me. So I. Appreciate that from him nothing more!" He snapped lucian started coming too.

"OOOOHHHH" he growned rather loudly.

An'Zaw jumped in the back covering Lucian's mouth with a dagger to his throat and sneered. It then became all to clear that he made them see the were better friends then the really were infact they might be enemies.
Back to top Go down
Craigzilla
Hunter of Dead
Craigzilla

The Dead Will Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead Will Hunt   The Dead Will Hunt EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 7:47 pm

Onni Scaletail wrote:
"It's clear darkling. Now what is this weapon you told me about?"

Sarek climbed out of the wagon and smiled.

"Weapon? Oh. It's right here. I call it......opportunity," Sarek said smiling then turned and ran.

Before Onni could grab him he heard the low growl behind him.

Hundreds of undead stood starting at Onni and the wagon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Dead Will Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead Will Hunt   The Dead Will Hunt Empty

Back to top Go down

The Dead Will Hunt
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next