Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunt the Dead Book Series Comments and Thoughts (Possible SPOILERS. Enter at your own risk!)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Craigzilla
Hunter of Dead
Craigzilla

Hunt the Dead Book Series Comments and Thoughts (Possible SPOILERS. Enter at your own risk!) Empty
PostSubject: Hunt the Dead Book Series Comments and Thoughts (Possible SPOILERS. Enter at your own risk!)   Hunt the Dead Book Series Comments and Thoughts (Possible SPOILERS. Enter at your own risk!) EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 4:05 pm

NOTE: The spoiler warning is for those not yet caught up on the series. This section is for feedback on the series, and it is possible that readers who are behind and not reading the latest installment could potentially read comments or feedback pertaining to story lines and plots they have not yet read.

Feel free to leave any and all comments here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.craigdeboardart.com
Craigzilla
Hunter of Dead
Craigzilla

Hunt the Dead Book Series Comments and Thoughts (Possible SPOILERS. Enter at your own risk!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunt the Dead Book Series Comments and Thoughts (Possible SPOILERS. Enter at your own risk!)   Hunt the Dead Book Series Comments and Thoughts (Possible SPOILERS. Enter at your own risk!) EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 4:19 pm

The following are comments left on the Hunt the Dead Facebook page.

Jonathan Strickland: HtD 6 Ruled hard core man! Except for possibly number 5 (that guest author Jon Strickland was AMAZING) I have to say it was the best so far. Is Turk'en finally dead? He was always to whiny for my taste :p

Nicholas Wade: HOLY CRAP! I just finished the 6th book. Definitely the best book so far. I love Aldion and Leif together. My only questions though... Where is Browden. It's hinted he went after Erron. Also, the hell happened to Turk'en?! You better get a naturalist over there!

Craig DeBoard: Thanks Nick. Coming from you, the kind words mean a ton! I can only hope that Hunt the Dead is as entertaining and enjoyable as Fading Amarath. Browden is around. He'll be back in Issue #7 and in a big way. Turk'en on the other hand....well an ice-axe to the chest isn't conducive to one's life-journey, a famous kender once said. Will Turk'en live until Issue #7? I guess you'll just have to read #7 to find out! Wink

Zach Curtis: Just finnished book 5 and I might say that I was really impressed! The way it played out through Aldion's memories and what was currently happening was amazing and that thing with cholly/leif/lehti was a great cliffhanger but still....creepy in a good way. Anyways I'm just spreading the love talk to ya soon

Zach Curtis: The book's were really good, I felt that when I started I had to finish that next chapter and wouldn't stop reading untill I did so. They had you on the edge of your seat the whole time with emotion, and gruesome exciting battles between the living and the undead! When you finished writing books every friday on the thr...eads from long ago, what are going to do? continue to write to story's losely off of the current thread, and will you except writing idea's from other people and possibly have co-writer's? all and all things are looking great keep it up HTD TEAM!

Craig DeBoard: Thanks for the compliments my minion. The first three books are loosely based off of a role-playing thread from about three years ago, and the next book has a few similarities to an old role-playing thread too (as well as a nod to one of mine and sometime HtD artist/writer Joe Fuentes' favorite movies.) After that, the books will be 100% original content.

As for accepting writing submissions or "co-writers", we have a submission policy which can be found at www.huntthedead.com and there are certainly other folks who help with the writing as well (Joe Fuentes', Nick Wade, and Jon Strickland all pitched in a little bit with book 3, and Joe Fuentes' also pitched in on the first chapter of book 4. Jon Strickland wrote a large part of book 5 as well). While it's certainly possible for us to accept other writers, we only accept the best of the best. So if you've got the stuff it takes, check out those submission guideline on the website.

Nicholas Wade: Loosely based is an understatement! We weren't lucky enough to have flying ships when we started. And EVERYONE followed Erron blindly. Cept Edaw.

Nicholas Wade: So... by command of Craig Deboard, I am being *forced* to write my opinions about the first three books... SO!

The third book is by far the best. The characters seem to flow well together. It's definitely interesting to see how the story differs from how things really happened. I was surprised Lopex was made out to be s...o large. I always pictured him small and more "scrappy." The only thing I wanted, was more story about Aldion, Cholley, and Erron searching the town after the church burned down. Books two and one felt small compared to book three. Book one, I've read a dozen times before, so I was much more familiar with it. Always neat to start out a story looking for a magic weapon rather than people sitting around a tavern.

The flashbacks were cool, and maybe it was cause I already read it, but I wanted to stay focused on the story with Aldion, Erron and Turk.... See More

The only thing I would have liked different, was Cholley's story not revealed just yet. I'd have liked to wait till Sarsethok met with Cholley in battle or something. I like knowing someone is hunting the tiny man, but i didn't want to know yet... even though I already knew.

Questions:
1. Does Edaw appear in the story at all?
2. Will they encounter a certain sea monster when they get to Port Skell?
3. Why did Aldion sleep with Jade? We all know he could never snag a real woman! Course... she was insane...

Craig DeBoard: Of course I commanded you! I am the self-appointed King of the Undead after all. Bow to your king!

Anyways, the flashbacks are an integral part to the storyline simply because this isn't just a story, it's an entire mythos we're creating. In order to do so, the reader will always want some back story on the characters and world.

But don't worry, ... See Morethere's far more to Cholley's story than what's been shown thus far, and Erron, Turk'en, and Aldion have only just begun to suffer in the land of Nerin Toth. On to your questions!

1. It's possible.
2. It's possible......IF they go to Port Skell.
3. Aldion hooked up with Jade because... well just wait till you see who else he's hooked up with. The guy has some poor judgment.
Back to top Go down
Nick W
Hunted
Nick W

PostSubject: Re: Hunt the Dead Book Series Comments and Thoughts (Possible SPOILERS. Enter at your own risk!)   Hunt the Dead Book Series Comments and Thoughts (Possible SPOILERS. Enter at your own risk!) EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 4:02 pm

I really can't decide. Book Six or Book 8? Which is the best? I mean... besides the part of the bedtime story (WHICH I WANT TO HEAR!) the whole book was so cool. You said it would be slower and less action packed. I have to disagree. The book didn't have the fight scenes, but it was definitely filled with WTF moments all throughout.

The descriptions were spot on. And dammit! I now have a favorite character: Asternax!!!!

Book 6 was more intense, but Book 8 just sucked me in so much.
Back to top Go down
Craigzilla
Hunter of Dead
Craigzilla

PostSubject: Re: Hunt the Dead Book Series Comments and Thoughts (Possible SPOILERS. Enter at your own risk!)   Hunt the Dead Book Series Comments and Thoughts (Possible SPOILERS. Enter at your own risk!) EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 4:25 pm

Glad you liked Asternax. I have some big plans for him Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunt the Dead Book Series Comments and Thoughts (Possible SPOILERS. Enter at your own risk!)   Hunt the Dead Book Series Comments and Thoughts (Possible SPOILERS. Enter at your own risk!) Empty

Back to top Go down

Hunt the Dead Book Series Comments and Thoughts (Possible SPOILERS. Enter at your own risk!)
Page 1 of 1