Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Fall of The City

Go down 
+11
Turken
Rizzen Vrinn
Leif
Edaw
Kyria
Aldion
Lopex
Guyver
James
Erron
Hunt the Dead
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Turken
Hunted
Turken

The Fall of The City - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 10:22 am

Turk'en called to Aldion, "It's nice to see the Hero of Aeon can clap again."

Turk'en was doing very poorly with hsi sense of humor. Another curse side effect from being the King.

"You jest, but We weren't the ones that took it."

Then Turk'en looked back at Erron.

"Well I wasn't the one anyway. We need to speak with Lady Zoei. The Brutish cows will be coming in full force."
Back to top Go down
Rizzen Vrinn
Hunted
Rizzen Vrinn

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 10:37 am

Rizzen woke and felt rested. he would need to be for his next task.

He gathered his instruments and slid them into the small leather pouch on his belt. he then emptied his pack full of his extra clothes. If he failed, they wouldn't do him any good anymore anyways.

He then left The Quarters and went to the front gate.

"Permission to leave," Rizzen said to one of the guards in his raspy whisper.

"You go out, you don't come back in," the guard stated.

"I understand," Rizzen replied.

The guards opened the gates and Rizzen left Peregren.

It took a few hours and he only came across one roaming undead along the way, which he avoided by waiting patiently until it wandered away. But eventually he made his way to the Toi Swamp. He didn't dare enter the swamp. Who knew what monstrosities lurked within. So he stayed on the outer edge and found what he was looking for.

A valerian plant. He used one of his kamas and carefully dug up the plant and broke off a few of the roots and stuffed them into his backpack.

He then cautiously, using as much Stealth as possible, made his way back to Peregren.

"Get me in," he softly said to someone unseen.

Rizzen then vanished and reappeared inside of his room in The Quarters.
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 11:00 am

Kyria was enjoying Leif's company and she appreciated that he took the time to teach her the common language. But her enjoyment didn't take precedence over her empty stomach which made it's hunger known.

She gave Leif a slight smile and thanked him for his time and told him that they would have to do it again soon. She then took her leave and headed back to The Quarters

She entered the inn and saw the barmaid that had given her water when Kyria had come in the day before. She requested a bit of bread and some cheese and some water. Kyria cast the barmaid a pleading glance and feeling sorry for her gave her what she asked for and shewed her off before anyone.

Kyria moved off quickly to what was her room to eat...
Back to top Go down
Rizzen Vrinn
Hunted
Rizzen Vrinn

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 11:09 am

Rizzen once again left his room locking the door behind himself. He left The Quarters and sought out Carrol's Armory and blacksmith. Carrol was known for creating mechanical prosthetic limbs and was down on his luck lately due to his competition in Port Skell.

Rizzen saw Erron, Turk'en, Aldion and Edaw at the shop. He paid them no attention. He didn't know or care about these people. he had seen them around The Quarters, and he was far too busy with his task at hand to get wrapped up in their nonsense.

"Hello Carrol," Rizzen said softly ignoring Aldion who was already be tended to by Carro, "I see you're with a customer. Any chance you can take a break real quick and sell me a small amount of magnesium?"

"Aye, shouldn't too much of a problem. Some over there in the jar. leave yer money on th' counter," Carrol said and went back to work on Aldion's arm.

"Thank you," Rizzen whispered and smiled.

He took a small chunk of the rock and left a gold coin on the counter next to the jar.

He then decided to head to the butcher's next. Oswald's Butchery and Ribs was just around the corner and with the current stockpiling of food he was almost positive Oswald would be open for business.
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 11:19 am

Kyria inhaled her food, not having much time to even taste it. It eased her hunger for the most part.

She let out a sigh and went out and looked out the window. She saw how everyone was acting and was preparing. What was to come wasn't her problem it wasn't her fight. Maybe she should just leave the city and go some where else, leave the city to their own.

But she felt she had a debt to pay to both Rizzen and Leif. Rizzen because he helped her escape...Leif because of his kindness to her.

She moved away from the window and laid down on the bed and stared up at the ceiling. She closed her eyes for only a moment thinking to rest them, but she was soon asleep...
Back to top Go down
Rizzen Vrinn
Hunted
Rizzen Vrinn

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 11:24 am

Rizzen left the butcher's shop and made it back to The Quarters and went directly to his room locking the door behind him after he entered.

The butcher was kind enough to provide a rotted liver that no one could eat and an old chicken head that he was throwing out anyways.

"Inositol," Rizzen whispered softly looking at the rotted cow liver.

"L-Tryptophan and Melatonin," he softly said looking at the chicken head. he then began to meticuosly cut out the chickens brain and began his work.....
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 11:53 am

Her hands were bound and she struggled against the guards that lead her into a council room. The guards pushed her down to her knees and pushed her head down "BOW!"

A man stood and unrolled a scroll "It has been decreed by unanimous decision that you be banished NEVER to return for the crime of murder."

Kyria was pulled to her feet and she glared at the council. "The charges are false!" A guard slapped her across the face. "Trinity!"

"Take her out."

The guards started pulling her out.

"TRINITY! YOU KNOW! TRINITY...DON'T LET THEM DO THIS TO ME!"

"TRINITY!" Kyria woke up yelling.

"Who is Trinity. I need to find her!"...
Back to top Go down
Rizzen Vrinn
Hunted
Rizzen Vrinn

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 12:02 pm

Rizzen completed his work and gathered his things and left his room locking the door behind him. Then he heard the scream.

"D'ynra?" he said softly.

He walked up to Kyria's door and knocked softly.

"D'ynra, it's me Rizzen...are you alright?"
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 12:08 pm

Rizzen Vrinn wrote:
Rizzen completed his work and gathered his things and left his room locking the door behind him. Then he heard the scream.

"D'ynra?" he said softly.

He walked up to Kyria's door and knocked softly.

"D'ynra, it's me Rizzen...are you alright?"

"I'm fine." Was all she said.

She got up and paced the room. "Trinity...I was banished...from where though? Could it have been from here? No...someone would have recognized me. A map...I need a map."

She runs to the door and opens it...
Back to top Go down
Rizzen Vrinn
Hunted
Rizzen Vrinn

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 12:12 pm

Rizzen stood in the door way.

"You look awful," he said softly whispering.

"Are you OK?" he asked.

He didn't wait for her to answer.

"Come on....they serve tea downstairs still, even if they won't serve food or ale. Let's go talk. I'm buying," he softly told her and smiled.
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 12:18 pm

Rizzen Vrinn wrote:

"Are you OK?" he asked.

"Come on....they serve tea downstairs still, even if they won't serve food or ale. Let's go talk. I'm buying," he softly told her and smiled.

"Oh! Ummm...I can't. I need to go find a map. And really I'm not an interesting conversationalist, I'm sure you understand why." She flashed him a slight smile as she moved out of her room pulling the door closed behind.

"Perhaps when I get back?"...
Back to top Go down
Rizzen Vrinn
Hunted
Rizzen Vrinn

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 12:20 pm

Kyria wrote:
Rizzen Vrinn wrote:

"Are you OK?" he asked.

"Oh! Ummm...I can't. I need to go find a map. And really I'm not an interesting conversationalist, I'm sure you understand why." She flashed him a slight smile as she moved out of her room pulling the door closed behind.

"Perhaps when I get back?"...

"Ummmm....OK I guess," Rizzen said softly witha sad tone and turned from her and walked downstairs.
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 12:25 pm

Kyria let out a sigh and went after Rizzen. "Rizzen wait! You know tea sounds really good and I can use you to practice the common that Leif has taught me."
Back to top Go down
Rizzen Vrinn
Hunted
Rizzen Vrinn

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 12:31 pm

"Great!" Rizzen said softly to her.

They headed downstairs and found a table and Rizzen went to the bar and ordered their tea.

"You think you could maybe throw in a few sandwiches?" Rizzen asked softly to the barmaid tending the bar.

"You know we have to stockpile," The barmaid replied.

"Please. it's really for her," he said glancing at Kyria. "She's been through a lot. I don't know what, but she seems troubled and could use a good meal."

"Hmmm? OK fine, two sandwiches, but that's all. And don't tell anyone. You could get me fired...or worse locked up with that crazy man who tried to rape that old woman but got beaten up by her before he killed her." the barmaid replied.

"Thanks. And don't worry I won't say a word," he replied smiling.

The barmaid brought the sandwiches and Rizzen carried them and the drink to the table.

"Here we are. Eat fast though, before someone sees us with food. So tell me....why were you screaming earlier?" he asked softly taking a bite of his sandwich.
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 12:38 pm

Kyria looked up at Rizzen with a smile, "Thank you."

She didn't need to be told twice to hurry. She tore into the sandwich like it had been a lifetime since she last ate, despite she had some bread and cheese not to long before. She drank some tea to wash it all down.

Quote :
So tell me....why were you screaming earlier?" he asked softly taking a bite of his sandwich.

"Mmm, that's some really good tea. Oh it was just a dream, that I had." She inhaled the last bite of her sandwich and sucked down the rest of her tea.
Back to top Go down
Rizzen Vrinn
Hunted
Rizzen Vrinn

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 12:46 pm

"Really," Rizzen whispered arrogantly giving a wicked smile.

It was the last thing Kyria saw before passing out.

"Is she alright," the barmaid asked.

"Mind your own. This doesn't involve you," he whispered menacingly to the barmaid.

She averted her eyes and tried not to pay attention as Rizzen carried the slumbering Kyria back to his room where he shut and locked the door.

"Now lets find out who you really are," he whispered softly.

He reached into his small leather pouch and withdrew two small pieces of glass. One was a tube no thicker than a piece of hay straw. The other was a small vial.

He poked Kyria's forearm with the tube and held the vial under the other end of the tube and collected a blood sample.

He then stood up and looked at her she lay asleep.

"Foolish girl. Stay away from the Tothians....no matter how powerful you think you are, they will kill you," he whispered softly.

"I'm ready," he said to no one in particular.

And with that, just as he had been teleported back into the city after obtaining the powerful sedative from the plant in Toi Swamp.....he vanished.
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 1:01 pm

Kyria awoke and found herself in a room, but it wasn't hers.

She went to comb her fingers through her long white hair and noticed a trickle of blood on her arm. "Oh you bastard!"

She got up off the bed and looked around the room. Part of her didn't understand why he had done this to her another part was determined to bury her dagger in his gut when she saw him next.
Back to top Go down
Edaw
Fresh Meat
Edaw

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 1:04 pm

"Well, he must have had a bug in his ear," said Edaw, cynically.

"And you sound like you're friends with him!" he yelled at Aldion. "You realize he's a jackass that only brings pain and suffering to whoever says "hello" to him?"

Edaw looked at Erron angrily.

"I'm surprised you haven't tried to take over the world yet..."
Back to top Go down
Rizzen Vrinn
Hunted
Rizzen Vrinn

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 1:10 pm

They marched.

The deal had been brokered.

Amnesty for the information.

The Tothian Mage Guild had promised Rizzen amnesty. They would stop hunting him forever if he just gave them the information they asked for on the darkling woman.

They marched.

"You can't do this!" Rizzen growled as they apprehended him within their headquarters in the slums, "we had a deal! A deal!"

Their marching brought the three Tothian Mages to The Quarters.

"Let me go!," Rizzen growled pulling away and running through the large room he and Kyria had exited through before.

They marched up the stairs.

Rizzen fled the Tothian Mage Guild's building and ran outside.

They marched to the door and threw open the door just as she was realizing how Rizzen had betrayed her.

"KYRIA WE KNOW WHO--"

"No," Rizzen said softly.

KA-WHOOM!

The gigantic cannonball ripped through the timbers of The Quarters splattering the three mages.

"Three more cannonballs the size of boulders flew into the city, these were on fire. One slammed into a guard tower. Another landed in the middle of a busy street. The third hit Carrol's armory shop blowing it to pieces.

"WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE'RE UNDER ATT--"

A shotgun blast rang out and the knight who had been yelling fell from the guard tower dead.

The minotaurs had marched on Peregren and began their assault.
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 1:20 pm

Kyria heard mages call her by name, she would have liked to have gotten information out of them, but unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately they were blown up.

The city was under attack She went running out to the street "Blast it! This isn't my fight. I need to get out of here or perhaps..."
Back to top Go down
Leif
Hunted
Leif

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 1:31 pm

Leif was sitting under the tree in the park. He was content with himself. He was doing something productive. Then came the blasts.

"After this, I'm done."

Leif ran to the street outside the park. People were already starting to scream and panic. Leif did his best to herd the people into the park. It was roomy, gentle, and hopefully a wise place to act as Leif's medical center.

The children from earlier appeared, they started to help. Leif kept a strong hold on his weapons. He prayed the minotaurs would back out, but he expected them to tare through the park.

If I'm going to die in this city, it might as well be here.
Back to top Go down
Erron
Survivor
Erron

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 1:51 pm

Erron pushed the rubble off of him from what was left of Carrol's shop.

"Th' hell?" he mumbled and then saw the rampaging minotaur running toward them.

"EDAW MOVE!" he yelled, diving and hitting Edaw knocking him out of the way as the minotaur brought down a huge axe.

"Don't think this makes us friends," Erron said to him with hatred.

He then pushed himself to his feet and saw the horror.

Hundreds of minotaur began pouring over the walls.

"THEY'VE GOT LADDERS!!" Erron yelled ducking the minotaur's next swing and then bringing his elbow in to the back of the minotaur's neck.

"SOMEONE GET THOSE LADDERS OFF THE WALL!" he yelled drawing his khopesh blades and facing the minotaur.
Back to top Go down
http://www.huntthedead.com
Edaw
Fresh Meat
Edaw

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 2:13 pm

Edaw looked at Erron angrily.

"It certainly does not!"

Edaw was steaming at Erron. No matter what, Erron was trouble for Edaw...

Last edited by Edaw on Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 2:26 pm

Kyria watched as the guards tried to keep the gates closed, but it would only be a matter of time before the Minotaurs breached the gates and came flooding through there as they already doing over the walls in other parts of the city.

Kyria ran up to the gates. She looked up then too the guards "MOVE!"

"You're insane!" One of the guards yelled

"Then have it your way." She held a hand up and slowly began to raise it as she did a wall of ice began to form and raise up against the city's wall reinforcing it...for the time being.

The guards moved away quickly to avoid being trapped between the two walls.
Back to top Go down
Rizzen Vrinn
Hunted
Rizzen Vrinn

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 2:38 pm

Rizzen ran as fast as he could from the mages and decided to try to lose them in the park. With all of the confusion going on, he was almost positive they would think he would go to the busy streets to lose them. So going to the empty park was the better idea as far as he was concerned.

He made it to the park and saw disappointment. People were pouring into it by the masses. And then he saw why. Leif was directing traffic and using the park as a triage.

"Lehti," he growled and started storming over to Leif.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Fall of The City
Page 12 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next