Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dungeons and Dragons Online, Free to Play coming this summer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
skitz
Fresh Meat

Dungeons and Dragons Online, Free to Play coming this summer Empty
PostSubject: Dungeons and Dragons Online, Free to Play coming this summer   Dungeons and Dragons Online, Free to Play coming this summer EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 7:18 pm

Credit to massively.com

Gigantic news coming out of Turbine today with the announcement of Dungeons and Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited and its beta launch. This new version of the game will offer players the ability to download the game and play for free. In addition, players can purchase items, adventure packs, and account services at their discretion from the brand new DDO Store. Alternatively, traditional-minded players can subscribe to get unlimited access to all of the game's content.

A little additional digging on the DDO Unlimited website reveals what being a traditional subscriber offers versus the free-to-play account. Here's an image for your convenience!

Dungeons and Dragons Online, Free to Play coming this summer Ddovipimg82
Back to top Go down
Craigzilla
Hunter of Dead
Craigzilla

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online, Free to Play coming this summer   Dungeons and Dragons Online, Free to Play coming this summer EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 1:35 pm

This is the only part that concerns me:

Alternatively, traditional-minded players can subscribe to get unlimited access to all of the game's content

Hopefully this will be better than other free online mmorpgs like Runescape that also ask you to purchase crap.
Back to top Go down
http://www.craigdeboardart.com
skitz
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online, Free to Play coming this summer   Dungeons and Dragons Online, Free to Play coming this summer EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 12:06 pm

Well the chart shows what extras you would have to pay for.

The only decent free2play games I like are Gunbound (it is kinda like worms). and Runes of Magic (normal fantasy MMO but their stuff to buy is extras like bag slots and permanent mounts but you can buy the items you get for real cash with ingame gold on the auction house. it will just take longer). Freerealms is decent for kids and tweens but I do have to say I like the Mario Kart like racing for the kart driver and demolition derby driver classes.

I did like DDO when i played it i just had noone playing with me so it got really boring. I really like how you cant just hit an auto attack and watch things die. You have to be on your toes every dodge and block are done by you either with a key to block or moving to dodge.
Back to top Go down
Craigzilla
Hunter of Dead
Craigzilla

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online, Free to Play coming this summer   Dungeons and Dragons Online, Free to Play coming this summer EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 2:32 pm

Do you know how close the rules for this will be to normal D&D?
Back to top Go down
skitz
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online, Free to Play coming this summer   Dungeons and Dragons Online, Free to Play coming this summer EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 3:39 pm

its fairly close to the 3.5 rules that its based on
Back to top Go down
Craigzilla
Hunter of Dead
Craigzilla

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online, Free to Play coming this summer   Dungeons and Dragons Online, Free to Play coming this summer EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 10:53 am

Very cool. Although it's odd they wouldn't base it on 4th edition.
Back to top Go down
skitz
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online, Free to Play coming this summer   Dungeons and Dragons Online, Free to Play coming this summer EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 2:13 pm

well DDO has been out for almost 3 years there just changing stuff up with adding free to play/ pay as you go options to increase memberships thats why its still 3.5
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online, Free to Play coming this summer   Dungeons and Dragons Online, Free to Play coming this summer Empty

Back to top Go down

Dungeons and Dragons Online, Free to Play coming this summer
Page 1 of 1