Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Fall of The City

Go down 
+11
Turken
Rizzen Vrinn
Leif
Edaw
Kyria
Aldion
Lopex
Guyver
James
Erron
Hunt the Dead
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Erron
Survivor
Erron

The Fall of The City - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 6:21 pm

Turken wrote:
"It may make you laugh, thinking that the civil agents could extracate me from my home. I brought the castle to the ground. the only think I relocated was the Throne for sentimental value. It floats above us. Herod the dwarf has a floating ship. I entrust him with it's protection. My castle now is the whole of Nerin Toth Every town has a stone of black in it's foundation. "

Turk'en took the piece of offered meat and nonchalantly started eating on it.

"How goes your life my friend. How goes the hunt?"

Turk'en was a hunter himself. He and Erron were the first hunters The irony didn't get past Turk'en that now he and Erron were the ones being hunted. They both sacrificed so much for this land. Gave blood and soul to help the remaining living of Nerin Toth. They sacrificed friends and family. So many friends. So many families.

Turk'en would cry but had no more tears left for the dead when he himself was surrounded by the walking dead. That's why he called Herod. Thats why he came from his hiding and that's why he stowed his throne upon Herods Vengeance. He needed to find his friends. He needed them to remind himself that he wasn't dead inside like his thralls.

"I need a new hunt my friend."

"So you've made yourself mobile by placing a piece of the castle in various sections of Nerin Toth. Can't say I wish I didn't do the same," Erron replied and glanced through the telescope again.

"Acaetus Nimius. They're based in Greyshore. A real group of scum. They're assassins primarily. I hear your old friend Mathias is a part of their group.

The only way my hunt can continue is if I have somewhere to fall back like Peregren. The world seems so much smaller now. And sometimes it's easy to fight off the dead. but other times it gets harder and during those times, having somewhere to fall back to helps. Problem is Acaetus Nimius. They control Greyshore and have a large food supply. A granary so I've heard. The people of Peregren are starving."

Erron opened a water flask and took a swig and then offered it to Turk'en.

"The people of Peregren need food too and Greyshore has plenty to go around to help get through the winter coming in a few months. But Acaetus Nimius refuses to help Peregren. The pompous knights here see the citizens starving and don't see it as their problem. But the thing is, if those common people fall, then the knights will starve next. Which means this city gets over run by the dead and I no longer have anywhere to fall back to.

If it's a new hunt you need, then Acaetus Nimius is what will benefit The Hunt the most. Finding one of their operatives in this city isn't easy. And Mathias hasn't been seen in months. But if we can find one, they can get us into Acaetus. And if we get in Acaetus, eventually we secure Peregren so we can use it as a base against the undead to continue The Hunt."
Back to top Go down
http://www.huntthedead.com
Populus
Fresh Meat
Populus

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 6:30 pm

James wrote:
Lopex wrote:
"I- I think you're right..."

Lopex's head started to buzz... or vibrate... it felt fuzzy.

He didn't know about the taste, but the kick was fun.

He drank some more...

"You know what? This stuff gets better the more you drink!"

He drank some more...

*Hic*

"Geeze mate. Ye drank over half the bottle on yer--"

WHAM!

Lopex fell over drunk and passed out.

"Oh poor Lopex. Don't worry mate. James'll take care of ye."

James bent down and hefted the unconscious Lopex up onto his shoulders. He saw two knights staring at him.

"Ain't ye ever seen a friend help another friend out? Fekkin' nosey fekks." James asked them annoyed.

James then left the area and began heading through town with the out cold Lopex on his shoulders. Finally he came to a bridge the crossed one of the many rivers that flowed through Peregren. He sat James down against the side railing of the bridge.

"Ach yer heavy Lopex. I need a break mate."

James stared at Lopex for a moment.

"Yer out cold. Ye drank the whole bottle. Hmmm?"

WHAM!

James raised his foot and kicked Lopex square int he nose knocking him over the railing and down into the river!

"THAT'S WHAT YE FEKKIN' GET YOU FEKKIN ARSEHOLE!!!" he screamed at Lopex.

"And ta think, I didn't get one single sip o' that whiskey."

James then left Lopex in the river and began walking back to The Quarters.

"Well... here I am in Peregren... This city is a dump..."

Lus walked along the cities river. He first tried to fish in the river. A man came up and told him he probably wouldn't catch anything. Lus then threw the man in the river, and proceeded to cast.

"You were wrong, my friend, I seem to have caught your crotch!"

Unfortunately, the man broke the line and continued to float down the current.

Now, Lus was walking along the water. He hoped something interesting would happen...

"Ho, ho, what's this? A body?"

Lus pulled the body ashore, and up to the street to examine the gruesome, horrifying body...

"Ah shucks, just a drunk..."

The drunk began spitting up water and booze.

"Ew..." Lus started to grin as he wondered what would happen if an open flame got close to the man's mouth.

"Meh, drunks are fun alive as much as they are on fire."

The man opened his eyes and looked at the man that saved him from the river.

*Cough* "Where- Where is James?"

"Who?"

"James... my depressed friend... he threw me over the river... I'd like to... pay him a visit..."

"Ooh... I don't know this James, but it sounds fun. Maybe we can take you-"

"The Quarter's Inn..."

Fortunately for Lopex, the mix of the freezing river, and vomiting, has sobered him up relatively quickly. He wanted to look decent for his good friend James...
Back to top Go down
Leif
Hunted
Leif

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 6:33 pm

Kyria wrote:
"I thank you for your kindness...Leif. But oddly enough I...had...a room here. The barmaid and the tender were kind to me when I came in, perhaps return that by lending a hand with the clean up."

Kyria rested a gentle hand on Leif's arm and moved off to aid in the clean up.

Leif nodded to the D'yrna.

"I think I will help you, but first..."

Leif walked over to Rizzen.

"His name was Brom, wasn't it? You don't know how badly I wish I could bring him back..."
Back to top Go down
Aldion
Hunted

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 8:24 pm

Aldion looked at Edaw, "Had an arm like your's you mean," he said with a nod to the stump that was left. He tossed his scythe down on the ground, it was useless to him once again. He cursed and ranted, spitting on the remains of a nearby zombie corpse, for lack of the brute's remains.

He looked at Edaw, "Do you know where I can find a replacement? I mean, if you have those, then someone must be making them, right!? Where can I get another one?!"
Back to top Go down
Edaw
Fresh Meat
Edaw

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 8:55 pm

"My arms were given to me against my will. Though they're useful, I don't know if I'd miss them. I don't know where you can get a new one, but surely someone knows how to fix you up. And what better place to start, than in Peregren? I'll even help you look."

Edaw looked at Aldion's scythe.

"Not too many people wield those kind of weapons. What's yer name?"
Back to top Go down
Aldion
Hunted

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 10:49 pm

"Name's Aldion," he looked down at Reaver, "Its been my most loyal companion in this journey, always at my side. I suppose I have little use for it right now, aside from sentimentality," he said sadly, nostalgia heavy in his voice.

He extended his hand to Edaw, "I appreciate your offer..." he trailed off, waiting for a name
Back to top Go down
Edaw
Fresh Meat
Edaw

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 10:57 pm

"... Edaw. Nice to meet you elf. You and your monkey friend. Well, I came to the inn for a room, but I don't know if I'll be staying the night now, though."

Edaw stood up and stretched. He dropped a claw, letting the chain drop to the ground. The claw clenched Reaver, and the chain was cranked back to Edaw's wrist. He held it out to Aldion.

"Whenever you're ready to leave..."
Back to top Go down
Erron
Survivor
Erron

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 11:44 pm

As Erron and Turk'en spoke they began to feel the room shake.

"Something's happening," Erron said turning back to the telescope. He turned it aiming it and found what he was looking for.

"Oh shit," Erron said softly and handed the telescope to Turk'en to look at the front gate.......

.....The front gates opened and 30 minotaur on horseback road in, in two single file lines. Behind them were another 12 minotaur on foot, and behind then was an ornate wagon.......

The Quarters was the first main building in the city after one had entered through the gates.

The door to the wagon opened and a large minotaur with golden horns, and silver fur stepped out. Two smaller minotaur stepped out with him.

The large silver minotaur wore long red and gold robes, and many fine jewelry. He stood roughly twenty feet from the group at The Quarters.

One of the smaller minotaur raised a golden horn to his lips a blew.

HUWOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

The other smaller minotaur spoke.

"PRESENTING.....GOVERNOR URK WILDRUNNER!!!!!!!"

The silver minotaur, easily twelve feet tall stepped forward.

"Tell me......who has brought this destruction upon my city?" he snarled in condescending tones to the group at The Quarters.
Back to top Go down
Lopex
Fresh Meat
Lopex

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 12:00 am

Just as the minotaurs entered, Lus was helping Lopex to the Quarters Inn. The two stood on the edge of a street watching the pretty dressed cattle prance in on the pretty dressed equines.

"Oh, a parade," said Lopex, slightly drunk.

"That's boring. Since when was it his city? We've been here longer," replied Lus.

"Right, well maybe we can make it more fun. Booze always helps..." giggled Lopex.

"Great idea!" and Lus produced a bottle just as potent as James' liquid. Lus then whispered into Lopex's ear. Lopex giggled and nodded. Having been given the go-ahead, Lus starts poring the liquid over Lopex...

Urk Wildrunner wrote:
"Tell me......who has brought this destruction upon my city?"

Before anyone was able to answer, screaming of pain filled the city as a man engulfed in flames charged the minotaurs.

"Zombies! Zombies on the loose! Ahh!"

Then, somewhere between the screams of amused "Crying Zombie" the fire really did start to burn.

"Ah! Fire! Fire! The zombies lit me up! Ahh!" Suddenly, Lus appeared with a huge bucket of water and a bed sheet, doused and smothered the flames out.

Lopex sat there giggling, in slight pain, totally inebriated.

"Run!" shouted Lus. And they sprinted off towards the inn.
Back to top Go down
Erron
Survivor
Erron

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 12:09 am

Lopex wrote:
Just as the minotaurs entered, Lus was helping Lopex to the Quarters Inn. The two stood on the edge of a street watching the pretty dressed cattle prance in on the pretty dressed equines.

"Oh, a parade," said Lopex, slightly drunk.

"That's boring. Since when was it his city? We've been here longer," replied Lus.

"Right, well maybe we can make it more fun. Booze always helps..." giggled Lopex.

"Great idea!" and Lus produced a bottle just as potent as James' liquid. Lus then whispered into Lopex's ear. Lopex giggled and nodded. Having been given the go-ahead, Lus starts poring the liquid over Lopex...

Urk Wildrunner wrote:
"Tell me......who has brought this destruction upon my city?"

Before anyone was able to answer, screaming of pain filled the city as a man engulfed in flames charged the minotaurs.

"Zombies! Zombies on the loose! Ahh!"

Then, somewhere between the screams of amused "Crying Zombie" the fire really did start to burn.

"Ah! Fire! Fire! The zombies lit me up! Ahh!" Suddenly, Lus appeared with a huge bucket of water and a bed sheet, doused and smothered the flames out.

Lopex sat there giggling, in slight pain, totally inebriated.

"Run!" shouted Lus. And they sprinted off towards the inn.

Erron and Turken continued to watch what was happening at The Quarters.....

"YOU FOOL!" one of the minotaur yelled stepping forward and grabbing Lus by the shoulder. Four more minotaurs stepped forward, each of them aiming Master Crafted broadswords at Lus. "YOU DARE MOCK THE GOVERNOR. YOU WOULD DARE TEST HIS PATIENCE WITH YOUR FOOLISHNESS AND MAKE LIGHT OF THE HORROR THAT RACKS THIS LAND!!!!???"

"SIR?" the minotaur turned questioningly to Governor Urk.

The Governor nodded.

The minotaur subordinate smiled and spoke again.

"YOU THERE!" he shouted at a minotaur on horseback, "BRING THAT WOODEN CRATE OVER HERE.....Off with his head."
Back to top Go down
Aldion
Hunted

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 12:20 am

Aldion stood in the ruins of the inn, his hand grasping reaver's handle. He remembered all of the harrowing deeds he and his trusted weapon had done, the lives saved, the undead cut down. He held it clumsily in his only remaining hand, then simply put it back in its harness.

Let them kill him, not like there's anything I can do now, except bring down the minotaur's wrath on us all...He watched numbly as they prepared for the execution
Back to top Go down
Popurum
Hunted
Popurum

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 12:30 am

"Aldion! You're not going to help him?"

The riverfolk looked at his great, great, grandson with disappointment and worry.

"Well... If you don't... Someone has to."

So, Popurum, the tiny riverfolk, strode up to the minotaur in charge.

"Sir! Do you have to kill this man? Sure... he did something wrong... but you know what? He was right. The horde and two brutes came into the city! And that man-" Popurum pointed to the drunk Lopex, "helped to kill one of the brutes!"

"I know I'm just a small riverfolk, and my opinion doesn't mean much.... but... the zombies are the real threat... not these men... Can't you spare them this one time?"
Back to top Go down
Erron
Survivor
Erron

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 12:38 am

The minotaur's completely ignored Popurum and drug Lus to the crate and slammed his head down on it. One minotaur held one arm and one held the other. Both placed a foot firmly on the center of his back.

*****************************************************************************************

"Turk'en are you watching?" Erron asked.

*****************************************************************************************

A third minotaur stepped forward next to Lus and raised his broadsword high over his head......
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 12:42 am

Kyria walked out of the inn. She folded her arms across her chest and watched the minotaurs as they prepared the execution. The corner of her mouth curled up an a cynical grin.
Back to top Go down
Lopex
Fresh Meat
Lopex

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 12:46 am

Lopex, seeing what was going to happen to the man that pulled him out of the river...

High tailed it away from the area. He ran as fast as he could back to the inn...
Back to top Go down
James
Fresh Meat
James

Location : James is a ghost forever haunted by the still living Lopex.

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 12:49 am

James watched the events unfold from the only table still standing in the busted up common room of the inn, sipping ale from a broken mud.

"Fekkin eejit."
Back to top Go down
Rizzen Vrinn
Hunted
Rizzen Vrinn

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 12:53 am

Rizzen has seen these public executions before. And no matter what dark arts he practiced and no matter how many times he witnessed them, they always bothered him. He also knew, trying to interfere would be pointless. Not only would they kill Lus still, but the they would kill Rizzen too for trying to save a man who acted like a fool in front of a powerful overlord.

"This is wrong, and you all know it," he whispered harshly at Aldion, Kyria, James and the others and stormed away.
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 12:59 am

Kyria didn't understand what Rizzen said, but telling from the look on his face and his body language he was highly displeased with the unfolding events.

She watched him storm away then looked back, watching as the sword was lifted to strike the fatal blow to Lus.
Back to top Go down
Leif
Hunted
Leif

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 1:03 am

Rizzen Vrinn wrote:
"This is wrong, and you all know it," he whispered harshly at Aldion, Kyria, James and the others and stormed away.

Leif watched Rizzen walk away. He knew the darkling was right. Something had to be said, or done. This public execution was wrong. Stealing this man's life was wrong. He was a fool, but as far as Leif could tell, didn't deserve this. Leif unbuckled his scimitar and threw away his spear. He went to the minotaurs unarmed.

Unlike Popurum, however, Leif would not be ignored. Leif rushed to the third minotaur and shoved a hand at the taur's arm to stop the swing.

"NO!"

"This is wrong. You can't take a man's life away just because you're embarrassed. He's a fool and a degenerate. But, I am Lethi! I killed thousands based only on my whims. I tortured and maimed for glory! I was evil! I was wrong! Just as you are. Now, now as I try to repent for my sins, I won't let you take this man's life. Cast him out of the city, lock him away. That's what's fair! Stealing a life is never right. Not even for pride and dignity.

"I will not stand by and let you execute this man!"
Back to top Go down
Erron
Survivor
Erron

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 1:18 am

Two minotaurs stepped forward and grabbed Leif from behind.

"CUT OFF HIS HEAD TOO!" the minotaur who had been doing most of the shouting, yelled.

The two minotaurs slammed Leif's head down onto the crate next to that of Lus.

"Turk, look," Erron said.

The blade, aimed for the back of Lus' neck, came down....

"That will be enough, Urk," said a voice.

The executioner stopped. Everyone stopped and turned.

Zoei Fantasy stood in the street surrounded by Knights of Tomath.

"While I'm not sure what these men did to invoke your wrath, I'm sure that same wrath is warranted. But this is still my city, and these are still my people. You may do things differently in Azerath, but here in Peregren we do not perform public executions."

"The fact that you say this is still your city, is but semantics in the over all scheme of things," Governor Urk replied.

"Why are you here?" Zoei replied in angry tones.

"Your surrender," Urk stated flatly.

"When I am dead and in the grave with my husband, then and only then will you ever have a chance at enslaving my people," Zoei said.

"That can be arranged," Urk responded smiling an evil toothy grin.

"We have told you before and we will tell you again, that while we do not wish war......it is the only way you will lay claim to Peregren and it's peoples," Zoei informed him.

"So be it. If it is war you want, then the blood that will flood these streets is on your shoulders, elf," Urk said.

The minotaurs then let Leif and Lus go, and took their leave.

After leaving through the front gates, Zoei spoke.

"Guards arrest that man," she said pointing at Lus, "put him in the dungeon until we find out exactly what it is he did wrong."

Three Knights of Tomath came forward and took Lus captive, hauling him away. The rest of the regiment as well as Prime Minister Zoei Fantasy then left and made their way back to the castle in the east end of Peregren.

********************************************************************************************

Erron and Turk'en watched the events unfold....

"She said war Turk'en......forget Acaetus for the time being.....you wanted something to hunt again.......I think this time The Hunt has come to us."
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 1:26 am

Kyria watched as Leif divested himself of his weapons and went over to stop the execution which was a booming failure, as he too was taken to be executed also.

Kyria grabbed up his spear that Leif had thrown down and was getting ready to move forward when an elven woman stepped in with knights at her side. Although Kyria didn't understand what was being said she obviously said what was required to stop the execution of the two men.

She stayed her place after picking up Leif's scimitar too and held it in hand waiting for his return, she would be sure to tell him what a foolish act he had committed.
Back to top Go down
Leif
Hunted
Leif

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 1:40 am

Leif was released, and he slowly made his way back to the inn. His hand was on his throat, his eyes as big as saucers, and he walked right up to D'yrna.

"Being righteous is scary as hell. Can I have my stuff back now?"

The man was shaking like a... LEAF!
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 1:43 am

Kyria held out Leif's things to him.

"Being righteous can be a stupid thing as well." She said with a smirk in darkling.
Back to top Go down
Rizzen Vrinn
Hunted
Rizzen Vrinn

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 1:47 am

Rizzen went back to helping clean up.

The rest of the day seemed fairly uneventful.

A new staircase had been built and the common room was clean. It would be another week though until the walls of the inn could be replaced.

Rizzen made his way up to his room after eating, and locked the door.

"You may have everyone else fooled "Leif"......but I know exactly who you are.....and I will kill you," he said to himself as he lay in bed in the darkness.

He then fell asleep for the the night.
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 1:52 am

With the common room clean and the stair case repaired, Kyria was wiped out. She moved up the stairs and went to her room.

She didn't even bother to lock the door she just closed and went and plopped down on her bed and was soon fast to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Fall of The City
Page 8 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next