Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Fall of The City

Go down 
+11
Turken
Rizzen Vrinn
Leif
Edaw
Kyria
Aldion
Lopex
Guyver
James
Erron
Hunt the Dead
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
James
Fresh Meat
James

Location : James is a ghost forever haunted by the still living Lopex.

The Fall of The City - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 10:05 am

James woke the next morning still sitting where he had been last night.

At the last standing table in the common room. He had passed out drunk, and a nice thick line of drool stretched from his mouth to the table.

"Huzzawhazzat?" he mumbled.

"Huh?" Wha? Uh-Ha! HA! AHHA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!"

james stood up from the table and began dancing a jig.

There was no music. No one to cheer him on. No one to dance with him.

James kept both fists planted firmly on his hips an let his legs dance away.

Finally he stopped.

He couldn't believe it! He finally got to sleep in!

For the last two years he had known Lopex, there was not one single morning Lopex didn't do something to wake him up. He woke him up peeing in his eye once. Farting on his nose. Putting a live raccoon on his face. Putting a live cow over top of him and milking it, and once, he even woke up to Lopex cuddling him.

James hated Lopex.

Quickly he stopped dancing and looked around.

Most of the rubble from yesterday's fight with the brute's was now in one pile shoved off to the side of the building. The Quarters were still missing two walls, but other than that looked fine. The new staircase didn't collapse in the middle of the night. Tables and chairs and bar stools had been put back in place.

It was still early.

James still had time. The Quarters wasn't even open for business yet. If he hurried he could make it.

James ran upstairs and gathered his belongings and ran back down stairs. He quickly went behind the bar and threw four bottles of alcohol in his backpack, and filled three waterskins with ale. He also grabbed a loaf of bread, a hunk of cheese and a slab of roasted deer meat.

And then.......

he ran.

It was finally his chance to escape Lopex!

he ran to the main gate.

"Lemme out!" he yelled.

"Sir you do realize the undead are out there in the wilds," a knight replied walking up to him.

James drew his flintlock pistol and pushed the barrel up one of the nostrils of the knight and clicked back the hammer.

"I SAID LEMME THE FEKK OUT!"

The knights did as he requested.....

....and James left Peregren.

James was gone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.huntthedead.com
Turken
Hunted
Turken

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 11:38 am

Turk’en heard what was said below them. War always seemed to follow the two around. Turk’en wasn’t sure if it was the fate or there overwhelming need to feel their life hang by a thread.

Questions. Hundreds of questions that always plagued the King of the Undead.

“Lady Zoei inspires hope and courage in all that she speaks with. Her fate and that of the city’s are closely intertwined. We will see the darkest day in Peregrens history the day that woman dies.”
Turk’en turned back from the window to look at Erron.
“I’m headed back up to Herods Revenge. I’ll be back in the morning. Maybe the dwarf can talk to the Pirates if we need the assistance. I can ‘port us in to have a private meeting with Lady Zoei in the morning if you like.”

Turk’en turned to walk back into the shadows that blanketed the back of the room. Before going completely into them he turned again to look at Erron.

“It’s good to see you again, old friend.”
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 12:03 pm

Kyria awoke and looked around her room groggily. She rolled over and pulled the sheets up to cover her body and laid there staring at the ceiling.

So many thoughts went through her head. She thought about the man in the inn who was with her when the attack had happened. She wondered what had happen to him. Her thoughts drifted to the feeling of having known him, the same feeling she got from Leif. Perhaps she got that feeling because she did want to know who she was and everyone would make her feel that way, but she didn't with Rizzen.

She put her hand to her forehead brushed her hair back letting out a confused breath.

With a groan she got out of bed pulling the bed sheet to wrap around her as she moved over to look out the window and watch for a moment the people moving around the street below.

Resigned that she would be moving on, she picked up her ripped and tattered tunic and put it on along with her ripped up pants and boots.

Since her clothes were her only belongings there wasn't any need to look back as she walked out the door...
Back to top Go down
Erron
Survivor
Erron

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 12:19 pm

Turken wrote:
Turk’en heard what was said below them. War always seemed to follow the two around. Turk’en wasn’t sure if it was the fate or there overwhelming need to feel their life hang by a thread.

Questions. Hundreds of questions that always plagued the King of the Undead.

“Lady Zoei inspires hope and courage in all that she speaks with. Her fate and that of the city’s are closely intertwined. We will see the darkest day in Peregrens history the day that woman dies.”
Turk’en turned back from the window to look at Erron.
“I’m headed back up to Herods Revenge. I’ll be back in the morning. Maybe the dwarf can talk to the Pirates if we need the assistance. I can ‘port us in to have a private meeting with Lady Zoei in the morning if you like.”

Turk’en turned to walk back into the shadows that blanketed the back of the room. Before going completely into them he turned again to look at Erron.

“It’s good to see you again, old friend.”

Erron didn't reply. He didn't need to. He and Turk'en had an unspoken bond, and Turk'en knew Erron better than anyone. Turk'en knew Erron feared the day Zoei died as well.

After Turk'en left he watched some more and then slept.

The next morning, or night rather, as it was always dark in Nerin Toth, Erron was already at work.

He held the thug up by his throat.

"Are you sure that's your final answer?" he asked constantly keeping an eye out making sure no one in the slums area of Peregren would see the two in the back alley.

"Puh-please sir. That's all I know," the man answered, through broken and bloody teeth.

Erron tossed him to the ground.

The answer would suffice. And it was then settled.....Erron went back to the abandoned building (Ability: Stealth) and waited for Turk'en's return.

The information he received was grave indeed and an audience with Prime Minister Zoei was needed.

Urk's minotaur army planned to march in one month.
Back to top Go down
Rizzen Vrinn
Hunted
Rizzen Vrinn

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 12:21 pm

Rizzen woke the next morning and made his way downstairs. Technically he didn't have a room at The Quarters, but not many people said no to a Blood Wizard.

He left The Quarters and headed into the trade district to purchase new equipment and gear. If Urk was serious about the words he said last night, Rizzen knew that War would cripple the Knighthood and minotaurs would be the last thing people should be worrying about.
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 12:29 pm

After stopping down stairs for a quick bite Kyria was out the door. She retraced her steps from the day before when Rizzen lead her from her "prison" to the Quarters.

They had taken her weapons and she had a score to settle...
Back to top Go down
Rizzen Vrinn
Hunted
Rizzen Vrinn

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 12:45 pm

"Stupid girl," Rizzen mumbled as he saw Kyria in the city. He knew right where she was headed. She had said too much. Too much about not knowing who she was and not remembering anything. There were only two places in this city she knew of. The Quarters and the other place. And he knew there was only one place she would be going, since The Quarters was on the other side of town.

The Tothian Mage Guild.

Rizzen quickly finished purchasing his supplies. All he needed was weapons, but he also chose to purchase studded leather as well and quickly put it on hurrying to try to get it situated with his black leather pants, black boots, red and gold tunic, and black cloak before she was out of site. The weapons he purchased was an odd looking, yet beautiful katana, and two kamas to dual wield.

The Fall of The City - Page 9 Wp-ka-58

The Fall of The City - Page 9 OrnateDragonLordKatana

He then hurried after her.
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 1:02 pm

Kyria hid in the shadows of an alley way studying the building. She took her hair and rolled it up, holding it up with a stick she found on the ground.

"Ok, the best way to get is to teleport in. I did it before, I can do it again...but how? What was I thinking? How did I do it? Ahhhhhh...c'mon...c'mon. Think...think!"
Back to top Go down
Leif
Hunted
Leif

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 1:49 pm

Leif sat in the park under a tree. He wasn't praying or meditating. He was just thinking. The events the day before were weighing on him. He almost lost his life. Would it have been worth it? Leif would be lying if he said he didn't do it to look better in the eyes of Rizzen.

Perhaps he should leave the city? Travel to the Frozen Woods, or the Hulderk Mountains. Maybe it was time for him to leave Nerin Toth altogether?

Leif got up and started to roam the city's streets.

Rizzen wrote:
"Stupid girl," Rizzen mumbled as he saw Kyria in the city. He knew right where she was headed. She had said too much. Too much about not knowing who she was and not remembering anything. There were only two places in this city she knew of. The Quarters and the other place. And he knew there was only one place she would be going, since The Quarters was on the other side of town.

Leif was too far away to hear Rizzen, but saw the darkling hurrying off somewhere. Leif shrugged, and ran after Rizzen.
Back to top Go down
Lopex
Fresh Meat
Lopex

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 2:40 pm

The new day started with a new Lopex.

"So, James is now out of the picture. 'Bout damn time. I was starting to get emotional."

Lopex had cleaned himself at the river and bought himself new clothes and a new hatchet and a shortsword. Afterwords, he searched for James until he found a guard that told him a man with a bad accent fled the city. Lopex chuckled.

Now, the day was new, and people were going about their days, very peacefully. The last day was terrifying. With the hordes and brutes, then with the minotaurs. Yesterday was a traumatic day. Unfortunately, if Lopex were to have his way, today wasn't going to be too joyful either.

Lopex didn't know what caused him to be so bold, but he liked it. He understood he may not survive this day, but he hoped, at least, to make the city news.

He walked into the crowded market area, pulled out his shortsword...

"Excuse me, madam," said he said politely. "May I have a moment of your time?"

The woman turned to see who might be talking to her. Lopex brought the sword up and aimed staight for the woman's face. (-1 called shot to the face)
Back to top Go down
Hunt the Dead
Tracker
Hunt the Dead

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 2:40 pm

The member 'Lopex' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' :
The Fall of The City - Page 9 D20
Result : 14
Back to top Go down
Rizzen Vrinn
Hunted
Rizzen Vrinn

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 2:41 pm

Rizzen passed right by Kyria not seeing her, and didn't realize Leif was following him.

He made his way to the Tothian Mage Guild. IT wasn't their actual headquarters, as that was in The Ruins of the Arcane Sanctuary. But this was more of a sister base. He went around behind the building. The building itself was three stories tall from the ground up. No telling how many stories it was below the ground.

He found an old window that looked to be for a basement and kicked it in. He then kicked away the broken glass and slid in the opening into the building.
Back to top Go down
Hunt the Dead
Tracker
Hunt the Dead

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 2:43 pm

Woman's Defense Roll:

[roll="d20"]1[/roll]
Back to top Go down
Hunt the Dead
Tracker
Hunt the Dead

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 2:47 pm

Lopex just barely missed the woman's face with the sword.

"AAAAEEEEIIII!!!!" she screamed and yanked the sword out of his grasp and swung it at him hitting him in the side of the face with the flat of the blade.

"HELP!!! GUARDS!!!!!!! HE TRIED TO RAPE ME!!!! HELP!!!!"

Several Knights of Tomath rushed to the scene.
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 2:57 pm

Rizzen Vrinn wrote:
Rizzen passed right by Kyria not seeing her, and didn't realize Leif was following him.

He made his way to the Tothian Mage Guild. IT wasn't their actual headquarters, as that was in The Ruins of the Arcane Sanctuary. But this was more of a sister base. He went around behind the building. The building itself was three stories tall from the ground up. No telling how many stories it was below the ground.

He found an old window that looked to be for a basement and kicked it in. He then kicked away the broken glass and slid in the opening into the building.

Kyria concentration was broken seeing Rizzen pass by her. "Blast it to the abyss!" She whispered through gritted teeth.

Before she could move she noticed Leif following Rizzen. "Being a dumbass MUST be a male trait, transcending all races!"

She stepped out of the shadows only to step into others, but this time when she stepped out of the shadows she was right in front of Rizzen. She didn't know how she did it but she shadowstepped.

Kyria didn't take the time to second think the issue she moved up to Rizzen and shoved his shoulder back "What in the abyss are you doing here? Why are you following me? And why is Leif following you?"
Back to top Go down
Lopex
Fresh Meat
Lopex

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 3:03 pm

Either way, Lopex still had his hatchet.

"Guards, that woman stole my sword and tried to kill me!"

He then threw the woman on ground. She dropped his sword, and he retrieved his weapon.

He switched to his hatchet and swung downward on the woman. (Vigor +1)
Back to top Go down
Hunt the Dead
Tracker
Hunt the Dead

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 3:03 pm

The member 'Lopex' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' :
The Fall of The City - Page 9 D20
Result : 3
Back to top Go down
Rizzen Vrinn
Hunted
Rizzen Vrinn

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 3:04 pm

Kyria wrote:
Rizzen Vrinn wrote:

Kyria concentration was broken seeing Rizzen pass by her. "Blast it to the abyss!" She whispered through gritted teeth.

Before she could move she noticed Leif following Rizzen. "Being a dumbass MUST be a male trait, transcending all races!"

She stepped out of the shadows only to step into others, but this time when she stepped out of the shadows she was right in front of Rizzen. She didn't know how she did it but she shadowstepped.

Kyria didn't take the time to second think the issue she moved up to Rizzen and shoved his shoulder back "What in the abyss are you doing here? Why are you following me? And why is Leif following you?"

Rizzen glanced at his shoulder where Kyria had shoved him and dusted off the spot with the back of his other hand.

"I do not know where you come from, or who you really are. But it would be unwise for you to touch me ever again, girl. And to answer you questions I was following you to stop you from coming here and doing something foolish. The Tothian Mage Guild is powerful. Far more powerful than you can imagine. I swear you have enough testosterone for the both of us. And to answer your second question "Lehti" is probably following us to kill us just like he tries to do to everything around him. I was a fool for ever introducing you to that murderer in the first place. Now if you wish to continue this path, so be it. But I am leaving. I have no desire to go to war with one of the most dangerous groups this world has come to know."

Rizzen then turned and began climbing back up and out of the window he had slid through originally to get in the building.
Back to top Go down
Hunt the Dead
Tracker
Hunt the Dead

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 3:08 pm

Old Lady's Defense:

[roll="d20"]1[/roll]
Back to top Go down
Hunt the Dead
Tracker
Hunt the Dead

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 3:09 pm

The old woman dodged with her head.

"YOU WANT A PIECE OF ME YOU RAPER!!! HI YA!"

She lifted her knee straight into his crotch.

[roll="d20"]1[/roll]
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 3:11 pm

Kyria watched as Rizzen moved away from her "Don't threaten me Rizzen, it's not the wisest of things to do." She turned and began walking into the building. "Do have fun with Leif...or Lehti...what ever you want to call him."
Back to top Go down
Rizzen Vrinn
Hunted
Rizzen Vrinn

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 3:14 pm

Rizzen ignored the darkling woman. He didn't care. he could always cut a deal with the Tomathian's later for some of the blood he sought from her. Rizzen began walking back to The Quarters curious if he would run into Leif.
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 3:24 pm

Kyria moved quietly down the corridor coming up on a door on the first floor, she could hear voices within. Kneeling down she peered through the key hole. It looked like they were having some kind of meeting. Kyria took advantage of that moving quietly and quickly. First thing she needed to find...her rapiers.
Back to top Go down
Lopex
Fresh Meat
Lopex

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 3:26 pm

Why wasn't this woman dead yet? Three years ago, he could sneak up on any joe-shmoe and leave a hatchet mark in their skull. Then...

"Damn you, James!"

Lopex swung his ax at the kicking woman trying to block the attack. (vigor +1 if it applies)
Back to top Go down
Lopex
Fresh Meat
Lopex

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 3:28 pm

I keep forgetting the rolls!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Fall of The City
Page 9 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next