Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Fall of The City

Go down 
+11
Turken
Rizzen Vrinn
Leif
Edaw
Kyria
Aldion
Lopex
Guyver
James
Erron
Hunt the Dead
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Hunt the Dead
Tracker
Hunt the Dead

The Fall of The City - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 3:28 pm

The member 'Lopex' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' :
The Fall of The City - Page 10 D20
Result : 19
Back to top Go down
http://www.huntthedead.com
Hunt the Dead
Tracker
Hunt the Dead

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 3:30 pm

Old Lady's Defense:

[roll="d20"]1[/roll]
Back to top Go down
Hunt the Dead
Tracker
Hunt the Dead

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 3:33 pm

The hatchet sunk into the woman's head, splitting it in half like a melon.

She lay very still and her blood was sprayed across Lopex's face.

Four of the Knight's tackled Lopex to the ground. Another two grabbed his weapons.

A small cat walked over and gently licked the old woman's hand, knowing she would never see her owner again.

One of the knight's raised a sap and brought it down on top of Lopex's head.

All went black......
Back to top Go down
Leif
Hunted
Leif

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 3:34 pm

Leif approached the house he saw Rizzen climb into, then out of.

Leif faced Rizzen.

"What are you doing? Is there something wrong?"
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 3:53 pm

Kyria searched the building up and down, finally she came across a store room of sorts. There were volumes of books. She thumbed through them, some appeared to be spell books others the history of Nerin Toth, but she couldn't be sure because she could read common.

In the room were what looked like some valuable items, she took a couple small pieces that would fit in her pockets so that she could go and buy some gear. She didn't see her weapons so she started to head head only to see them leaning against the wall next to the door.

She took them and gave a crooked smile and left the room to make her escape from the building...
Back to top Go down
Rizzen Vrinn
Hunted
Rizzen Vrinn

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 4:05 pm

"Yes, Lehti, there is something wrong. You exist," Rizzen whispered and walked past Leif bumping his shoulder into Leif's in an intimidating way. He then began walking back to The Quarters.
Back to top Go down
Leif
Hunted
Leif

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 4:10 pm

Leif looked at Rizzen painfully. He hated what he had done...

He looked up and down the street. He had nothing to do. No quest, no purpose, no goals.

"Rizzen, wait!"

Leif ran ahead of the darkling.

"If you want me dead so badly, how come you haven't tried yet?!"

"How about a free shot?" Leif pulled out his scimitar and shoved it into Rizzin's hands.

"Go ahead. If that's what I need to do to get rid of Lehti, then so be it!" Leif held his arms out to his side, leaving his chest open to attack.
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 4:32 pm

Kyria started going back the way she had come figuring going back out the way Rizzen had would probably be a good idea, only as she came up to the room that was holding a meet, the doors swung open and people began leaving.

She quickly ducked into the shadows held her rapiers cross her chest and slowed her breathing but her heart pounded inside her chest.

For the briefest of moments she was ALMOST thinking Rizzen was right, but it was too late now, she just needed to get out.
Back to top Go down
Aldion
Hunted

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 4:43 pm

Aldion came to a shop, one with no sign and very little business, the last he planned to visit. He kept reaver clipped to his back in its harness, and Punky sat ever watchful on his shoulder. He browsed through the oddities and assorted, well to be honest, crap that the store had for sale.

He held a few rings in his hand, and had to peel Punky off of a monkey statue that he began... showing affection to in a pelvic oriented manner.

He reached the front and peered into a glass case, well tired to. He wiped off as much of the dust as he could, and his jaw nearly dropped. It was perfect! It was almost identical to his old one!!!

"Shop keep, how much for the arm, plus installation?"

A dwarf turned around, steamed seeped from his right arm, occasionaly making a hissing noise. "Make me an offer, Elf?" Said Carroll, the dead dwarf who had installed Aldion's arm originally...
Back to top Go down
Rizzen Vrinn
Hunted
Rizzen Vrinn

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 4:47 pm

Leif wrote:
Leif looked at Rizzen painfully. He hated what he had done...

He looked up and down the street. He had nothing to do. No quest, no purpose, no goals.

"Rizzen, wait!"

Leif ran ahead of the darkling.

"If you want me dead so badly, how come you haven't tried yet?!"

"How about a free shot?" Leif pulled out his scimitar and shoved it into Rizzin's hands.

"Go ahead. If that's what I need to do to get rid of Lehti, then so be it!" Leif held his arms out to his side, leaving his chest open to attack.

Rizzen stopped and listened to Leif.

He then gave a slight smirk.

"In due to time, Lehti.....in due time. he then made his way back to The Quarters to his room.
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 9:21 pm

Kyria wrote:
Kyria started going back the way she had come figuring going back out the way Rizzen had would probably be a good idea, only as she came up to the room that was holding a meet, the doors swung open and people began leaving.

She quickly ducked into the shadows held her rapiers cross her chest and slowed her breathing but her heart pounded inside her chest.

For the briefest of moments she was ALMOST thinking Rizzen was right, but it was too late now, she just needed to get out.

Once the group had past by Kyria up and wasted no more time getting back down to the basement. She ran through the room and dove through the window.

She ran full force till she hit The Quarters and bounded up the stairs and down the hall to her room slamming the door behind her. She dropped her weapons on the floor and collapsed on her bed breathing hard.
Back to top Go down
Leif
Hunted
Leif

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 9:46 pm

Leif walked the dingy, ugly streets of Peregren. He needed to be alone. He missed having friends. He missed having a wild companion. He wished he could go back to the wilderness. He missed nature... Even if it was filled with undead.

Leif hated Peregren. It was crowded, noisy, and empty of anything naturally beautiful, save for the park. It wasn't enough though. He needed wildlife. And the chaos of nature.

"Well, I don't seem to have a purpose here. There is no way for me to redeem myself to the world. All I can do, is be there for myself. I suppose, then, it's time to go..."

Leif made his way to the inn. He found a wall, and posted a message.

Part of it was in darkling:

D'ynra, I hope you find your memories and your place in the world.

Rizzen, no matter what you think, Lehti is gone. He was killed in his tower. I am Leif again. I am a servant of nature, not you nor anyone else. I no longer have the patience needed to prove myself to my victims.

Then in common:

To all that were allies to Leif, it is time for us to part ways. I am tired of this life. I should have stayed in the forest so many years ago. I see now, how bad of a decision it was, becoming part of the group with Erron. Nature calls me, and I will finally answer again. Thank you for being there, but I pray I never see you again...
Back to top Go down
Edaw
Fresh Meat
Edaw

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 10:04 pm

Edaw followed Aldion around the shops. He looked at all the merchandise, window shopping. In the dwarf's shop, Edaw looked at all the trinkets and thought it was all very interesting. Humorous when Punky found a "mate" to play with.

Finally, Aldion found what he was looking for.

"That's cool."

Then Edaw saw Carroll.

"Wow. There are enough of us with metal arms to make a club," he said waving a claw at the dwarf.
Back to top Go down
Turken
Hunted
Turken

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 8:53 am

Turk'en shadow slid back into the room in the time that would be morning on any different world. Turk'en had his full armor on. Something that he hasn't had on in a very long time. The look on his face was grim.

"News is not good from the Pirate League. They think they can avoid the entirity of the conflict in the skies. Herod is calling for a Council of Pirates. We'll see how far that gets."

Turk'en walked up to Erron.

"What news from the city of Peregren?"

It may have been a bad thing to other people but the King of the Undead was looking forward to this fight. He needed purpose again. He needed a hunt. He needed to do more than just keep the walking dead away from the major cities. The brutes and the other that were created by Genesis weren't so nearly easy to control. It was a struggle that Turk'en needed to be free from even for just a little while.
Back to top Go down
Erron
Survivor
Erron

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 9:55 am

Erron and Turk'en left the abandoned building and headed into the streets of Peregren.

"We should check The Quarters. Aldion and Leif were there. This siege is going to be bad. Peregren is running low on food as it is because of Acaetus. We'll need help," Erron said.

They made their way to The Quarters when they found Leif's note.

"Damn," Erron said softly, "This isn't going to be easy now. Turk'en, go find Aldion. I'll check to see if Leif is still anywhere nearby."
Back to top Go down
Turken
Hunted
Turken

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 11:16 am

Turk'en took off after in the direction of the marketplace. He kept his long coat closed around him along with the hood that he had figured into it. The hood hung low over his face as he walked around. He did the best he could to hide himself. Most wouldn't recognize him for who he was, but the darkling didn't want to take any chances. He heard people using his name in a derogatory fashion. He hated this feeling he had. The feeling that his lifes work was being used as a profanity. Erron and Turk'en were the only ones that fought for this land. They became the protectors of this land. Something only a few others did. Those were the ones that Erron and Turk'en traveled with. Now they needed those friends more than ever. All that spent any time with the two hunters fell a little from grace. Aldion was the Hero of Nerin Toth. A celebrity. An honored man in every port. Erron and Turk'en were hunted down. Thier life would always be connected to that of the King of the Undead Curse. This lifetime Turk'en carried the curse of the King.

Turk'en walked throughout the market wandering what seemed like an aimless pattern, but in reality he was combing the tents and booths meticulously. He just happened to catch an old smithshop. Probably dwarven. They were always so resourceful at kind of thing.

Turk'en looked in one of the dirty windows and saw the dreaded monkey that he hated to love. Aldion was talking with a dwarf, (He knew it would be a dwarf), with another man that looked kind of familiar to the darkling. But he couldn't see his face.

The darkling didn't want to interrupt so he waited outside

"The world needs it's sons again." mumbled Turk'en to himself.
Back to top Go down
Rizzen Vrinn
Hunted
Rizzen Vrinn

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 11:26 am

Rizzen sat in The Quarters at a table off in the corner eating some dry toasted potato bread and drinking water. He saw Erron reading Leif's note tacked to the wall. He had read it himself already, and hated Leif for it.

He honestly tried to like the man. he understood Lehti was a violent split personality apart from who Leif truly was....but it didn't change things in Rizzen's mind. To him, Leif was ultimately responsible for the death of Brom.

As Rizzen ate he saw a few Tothian Mage Guild members enter The Quarters and step up to the bar, inquiring about a darkling.

Rizzen quickly headed upstairs to the guest rooms while they spoke with the bartender before they could see him (Ability: Stealth Level 1)
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 11:46 am

Kyria changed her clothes. She put on a black top that didn't leave much to the imagination, black pants that rode on her hips and black boots. She let down her hair and combed her fingers through it, in an attempt to comb it out some.

She left her old clothes laying on the bed after she took the small artifacts that she had taken from the guild. She slipped her rapiers into the belt on either side of her hips and slid the dagger she had gotten from James in her right boot.

She headed out, as she reached the top of the stairs she saw the mages come in. She ducked around the corner before they had a chance to see her. She listened to them inquire about a darkling. "Damnit!" She whispered, then turn and ran down the hall entering the room across from hers and opening the window and looking down at the ground of an alley way, "Oh this is going to hurt!"
Back to top Go down
Rizzen Vrinn
Hunted
Rizzen Vrinn

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 12:00 pm

Rizzen waited at the top of the stairs and saw the two mages speaking with the bartender. The mages then left.

Rizzen slowly crept back down the stairs watching the mages leave and back down to his table.

Then one of the mages turned as if forgetting something and saw Rizzen.

"YOU!" one of them yelled.

"Damn," Rizzen whispered and took off running out through where the ball wall had once been. He ran between two other buildings and looked back. The mages wee chasing and jumped through where the back wall had once been as well.
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 12:15 pm

Just as Kyria got on the window sill she saw Rizzen go running under her and not far behind were two mages.

She jumped, landing on the mages. Kyria scrambled to her feet and looked at the mages. "Thanks, you have great timing." She gave them a crooked grin and went running after Rizzen.
Back to top Go down
Rizzen Vrinn
Hunted
Rizzen Vrinn

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 12:19 pm

Rizzen ducked into an old rotting abandoned house and drew his two kamas. He then peaked through some rotted boards and saw Kyria land on the mages and come running his way.

"Stupid girl," he whispered.

The two mages struggled and made it to their feet and took off after Kyria. Rizzen looked around and saw an old ladder in the house leading to a trap door where the roof was.

He quickly made his way up to the roof.

"Great.....now what?" he softly said frustrated.
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 12:27 pm

Kyria lost Rizzen and she was getting tired of running. She stopped and spun around drawing her rapiers, "You two a faaaaaaaar too persistent for your own good." She hissed.

Pain shot through her head. Images of her fighting hoards of undead flashed through her mind, but she refused to give into the pain, it was a luxury should could not afford.

The mages closed in. "If you think you're getting either of us it will be over my dead body." She held a rapier pointed at the mages.
Back to top Go down
Rizzen Vrinn
Hunted
Rizzen Vrinn

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 12:33 pm

This made Rizzen curious..... he sat silently on the roof and watched.....

"Miss, we only want to ask you some questions. We assure you no harm will come to you," one of the mage said stopping and holding up his hands as if he meant no harm.

"We are from the Tothian Mage Guild. We have reason to believe you are a practicing mage and we only wish to help you," the other said, while stopping as well holding up his hands in defense.

"You do understand, violence is not allowed in this city. It's not our intent to hurt you at all. Why, even if we wanted to we couldn't. The Knights of Tomath would come down on our heads for it," the first said.

"Come with us back to The Quarters. We'll all three sit and just talk. Nothing more. We seek to help you. That is all. We'll just talk," the second said.
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 12:48 pm

Rizzen Vrinn wrote:

"Miss, we only want to ask you some questions. We assure you no harm will come to you," one of the mage said stopping and holding up his hands as if he meant no harm.

"We are from the Tothian Mage Guild. We have reason to believe you are a practicing mage and we only wish to help you," the other said, while stopping as well holding up his hands in defense.

"You do understand, violence is not allowed in this city. It's not our intent to hurt you at all. Why, even if we wanted to we couldn't. The Knights of Tomath would come down on our heads for it," the first said.

"Come with us back to The Quarters. We'll all three sit and just talk. Nothing more. We seek to help you. That is all. We'll just talk," the second said.

Kyria cocked her head to the side "I don't believe you. I drop my weapons I will be taking your prisoner and hauled off to a place where no one will hear my screams. I don't think so."

"But do ask yourselves this before chasing your tails any further...if I was a practicing mage, then why am I here holding a sword to you rather than using my abilities to flee you or what would be even more fun...kill you?"

Kyria took a step forward feeling anger building up in her, but why. The mages were idiots and their persistence was annoying, but not to the point pissing her off, but she was angry and wanted to do nothing than run them through and be done with them.
Back to top Go down
Rizzen Vrinn
Hunted
Rizzen Vrinn

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 12:54 pm

Kyria wrote:
Rizzen Vrinn wrote:

Kyria cocked her head to the side "I don't believe you. I drop my weapons I will be taking your prisoner and hauled off to a place where no one will hear my screams. I don't think so."

"But do ask yourselves this before chasing your tails any further...if I was a practicing mage, then why am I here holding a sword to you rather than using my abilities to flee you or what would be even more fun...kill you?"

Kyria took a step forward feeling anger building up in her, but why. The mages were idiots and their persistence was annoying, but not to the point pissing her off, but she was angry and wanted to do nothing than run them through and be done with them.

"Miss we don't know what you're talking about," the first one said taking a step backwards at her advancement.

"A place where no one will hear you scream? ma'am we are the Tothian Mage Guild. Our interests are merely academic. Causing you physical harm helps neither you, nor us," the second said.

"So be it....we only are here to ask questions, but if you'd rather not converse we will leave. We hope the rest of your day is pleasant," the first said.

The two mages then backed away slowly and when felt it safe turned and walked away looking back every once in a while to make sure the woman wasn't coming for an attack.

Rizzen slipped back down the ladder and into the shadows (Ability: Stealth).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Fall of The City
Page 10 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next